Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Morrocan dash Easter '09?

undead Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Indecisive View Post
    Will we get route cards and GPS files?

Who will be Road captain and Tail ender?

Where will we stay in Bordeaux? Is it all B&B?

you forgot viz vest will there be viz vests

always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Being more "novice" than "intermediate"

Is there camping on this trip? thats camping in a tent Mr Burton!

Jon
    BMW R1200GSA

Deleted Member I
    Quote Originally Posted by blues n twos View Post
    Being more "novice" than "intermediate"

Is there camping on this trip? thats camping in a tent Mr Burton!

Jon
    I am sure if you wanted to camp Jon .. you can. It's very much a up to you kinda deal. The hassle I would envisage with that option is finding a camping spot near the guys staying in hotels so you can meet up for the evening drinks/food.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I am sure if you wanted to camp Jon .. you can. It's very much a up to you kinda deal. The hassle I would envisage with that option is finding a camping spot near the guys staying in hotels so you can meet up for the evening drinks/food.
    Good point Tom,

Well I have booked leave so will wait to see if its been granted but really fancy this.... spur of the moment sort of thing

Jon
    BMW R1200GSA

might be interested in this, but would have to meet u somewhere along the way so it will have to be planned!

the GS is my first real large bike so im shite slow but i hold my own

Deleted Member I
    Good point Tom,

Well I have booked leave so will wait to see if its been granted but really fancy this.... spur of the moment sort of thing

Jon
    As long as you stick to the back of Steptoe's bike .. you will be fine.

Dream Maker
    wish I hadn`t seen this thread

Ah well, if finances allow I`ll be at Calais at the requisite time.

Swiss Rob, it`s a great trip and you`ll be OK but there is NO preplanning. That`s part of the fun. Thing to do is get some mobile numbers and keep in contact. It`s a long hit down to Algeciras and the group will get split up but do not worry about it because everyone has each others numbers. We lost one in Madrid last time and he rode home on his own instead of pressing on
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    www.unchainedtours.com

"Of all the forces that make for a better world, none is so powerful as hope.
    With hope, one can think, one can work, one can dream.
    If you have hope, you have everything."

http://www.unchainedtours.com

haha ok fair enough..... any idea of which sort of route will be taken then?

Anyone thats going care to PM me thier mobile number?

Deleted Member I
    Quote Originally Posted by swissrob View Post
    haha ok fair enough..... any idea of which sort of route will be taken then?

If you want a planned tour .. this is not for you.

Only planning is get to Morocco within 2 days of leaving Calais. Then it's pretty much suck it and see.

Also there is NO TOUR LEADER ... We are all adults. We will help each other out (some need more help then others ) .. If there are lots of routes available, you can do the one you want. Meet at the evening drinking/sleeping point.

My own experience as follows ..

1) 2006 Morocco .. didn't have GPS and not very good maps. So rode like a mad man to keep up. Some good, some I really didn't enjoy. Dropped my bike at the Tiz thingy pass when I was "tapped" by a massive wagon. Bill came back to pick me up and I continued all the way back to the UK. Had real Highs and real Lows. Most likely because I was going for more than I could chew.

2) 2008 Turkey .. better equipped with maps and GPS. So pretty much rode by myself at my own comfortable pace. Met up every afternoon/evening at the drinking/sleeping point. No hassle what so ever. Had a great time.

Just be aware that there are some really good riders and me around. If you ride good, you will keep up with them. If you ride slow ... you will have to put up with me all day (which might be a great incentive for you to ride better/faster )

In Turkey this year .. we rode until it was dark and we couldn't get to Istanbul .. so we pulled into a petrol station. Our guide books had no recommendations for the town we were in .. but we ended up here. Had the best kebab in the world. Even a worrier like me can go with the flow ..
    don't worry

Just turn up at the agreed time at Calais/Bordeau/Morocco.

Everyone is really friendly ..

Just get yourself a good map and GPS. Then read up about Morocco, either from the ride report here or in a guide book. Then you can do everything you want to.

What a waste. Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Is there camping on this trip?
    No.

We usually ride until 7-8pm on the way through france and spain so no time to find a camp site put up tents and then eat. Same in the morning, no time to feck around packing up, we need to just get up and on the bike and away.
    All your BMW servicing needs at the .gsshop.biz, including 1200 models

Recommended as an "excellent independant" in Ride magazine 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir James Burton View Post
    If Sir requires overnight hospitality on the Tunnel Run let me know .......
    Thanks James, so when you gonae let Bryan know

Rear Stab Vest Only .... Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by floyd View Post
    Thanks James, so when you gonae let Bryan know
    I was homeless last Easter and it was the best i could do at short notice ......

PS ..... Would you like a Spongebob Themed room or a Pink Flamingo 8yr old Girlie Styleeeeey Room

Just let me know your fetish requirements ......

If you want a planned tour .. this is not for you.
    dont mind an unplanned tour at all, but yep ur probably right......i was thinking of meeting the group at end of the first day so needed some sort of area to aim for. Ah well no worries im sure there will be other trips in the year. Well whoever goes enjoy urself!

What a waste. Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    .....i was thinking of meeting the group at end of the first day so needed some sort of area to aim for.
    What bit of "unplanned" don't you understand - We don't know where we'll be ourselves at the end of the day.
    All your BMW servicing needs at the .gsshop.biz, including 1200 models

Recommended as an "excellent independant" in Ride magazine 2009.

the un bit

Deleted Member I

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

dont mind an unplanned tour at all, but yep ur probably right......i was thinking of meeting the group at end of the first day so needed some sort of area to aim for. Ah well no worries im sure there will be other trips in the year. Well whoever goes enjoy urself!
    If you are looking for Uncle Steptoe to wipe your arse .. he won't

But if you just need someone to text you general direction and the co-ordinates of the final stopping point then that's not a problem.

Alternatively take a couple of extra days, and meet the group at the ferry terminal. I am sure someone won't mind texting you their approximate time of arrival.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast