Morrocan dash Easter '09?

who said anything about a planned trip??? i read the first pages, know exactly that its an unorganised trip (apart from the organised bit for the ferry) and is fine for me. an sms or 2 during the day for general direction is perfect hence why i said "general area" and not " i need to know the exact town ur going to be stopping in" :rob

jeees people are so uptight these days :augie

if i decide to come along ill let u know asap and an sms as above would be appreciated - if its not possible then fair enough ill skip and go another time - nae worries.:thumb2

steptoe wiping my arse...ohhhh shudder the thought! :ymca

Please no fanny arsing around when it comes to paying your share at any stops etc.

No.

We usually ride until 7-8pm on the way through france and spain so no time to find a camp site put up tents and then eat. Same in the morning, no time to feck around packing up, we need to just get up and on the bike and away.

What bit of "unplanned" don't you understand - We don't know where we'll be ourselves at the end of the day. :D

Looks like the numbers may be getting up so the Mr Grumpy tactic is in to bat :D

who said anything about a planned trip??? i read the first pages, know exactly that its an unorganised trip (apart from the organised bit for the ferry) and is fine for me. an sms or 2 during the day for general direction is perfect hence why i said "general area" and not " i need to know the exact town ur going to be stopping in" :rob

jeees people are so uptight these days :augie

if i decide to come along ill let u know asap and an sms as above would be appreciated - if its not possible then fair enough ill skip and go another time - nae worries.:thumb2

steptoe wiping my arse...ohhhh shudder the thought! :ymca

I think the best place to meet is actually at the ferry terminal to Ceuta. I left the group in mid Spain back in 2006 because they were just going too mentally. In the end I rode for further and longer .. bit like the hare and tortoise story :D

If you are coming from Switzerland .. you might find a more direct route to Algeciras.

Met up with the gang at the ferry port and off we went :D

Rob

Last time we went via Bordeaux and down to Algeciras via Malaga and I imagine the route to be similar. If I go, I may spend an extra day getting there and meet everone in Algeciras as the Autoroute gets double dull.

Your best bet is to make your way down to Algeciras and meeting up on the same night as everyone else gets there. I imagine you wouldn`t go near Bordeaux or Madrid and you would get down through Spain on the Med Coast

The crossing to Cuerta will be the following morning and it`s a good idea to cross into Morocco together as the Mr Fixit may well be cheaper and it`s always good for moral support. :comfort

Hi all,

Are there any plans for a 'dash of some sorts for Easter '09??

Would it still be the "morrocan dash" despite going to turkey last year??

I missed last year, but the previous year was fun :clap

nathan
Hi

I'm planning a trip in May if anyone's interested

Good advice.

Rob

Last time we went via Bordeaux and down to Algeciras via Malaga and I imagine the route to be similar. If I go, I may spend an extra day getting there and meet everone in Algeciras as the Autoroute gets double dull.

Your best bet is to make your way down to Algeciras and meeting up on the same night as everyone else gets there. I imagine you wouldn`t go near Bordeaux or Madrid and you would get down through Spain on the Med Coast

The crossing to Cuerta will be the following morning and it`s a good idea to cross into Morocco together as the Mr Fixit may well be cheaper and it`s always good for moral support. :comfort

Met with the Dirty 11 at Algeciras too cos wasn't sure if my war wound would hold up and didn't want to delay anyone through France and Spain (it's a long haul on fast roads).

Went across in the group and through border control and on into a truely memorable trip. It's fast and can get pretty tough, riding for the whole day to get the sights sounds and smells in. Loved the whole thing and the spirit of adventure when it's all so unplanned is terrific.

That said, there were some experienced travellers there to "encourage" the novices like me. Particularly with putting up a tent! You know who you are! :pullface :D

On the trip I was on we had one or two pull out and do their own thing once in Morocco and familiarised. Probably do the same myself the next time and spend a bit longer in the mountains and tracks at a slower pace.

It's a great way to have an adventure with a good bunch of kindreds and feel you kind of "did it yourself" to boot. Oh, and you get a sticker too!:thumb2

Thanks again to the 2007 bunch btw.

Skip

Here's a taster...

....for the waiverers.....

Attachments

• Ait2 Mud Town.JPG
    Ait2 Mud Town.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 520
  • Desert and village.jpg
    Desert and village.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 493
  • Muddy Road.jpg
    Muddy Road.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 512
  • skippy.jpg
    skippy.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 512
  • Tour Dad.jpg
    Tour Dad.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 514
In

Count me in, just got to clear it with the Mrs. Who else is on the 7am tunnel crossing on Friday?

Hi All
I know the unplanned bit :rolleyes: Do my own holidays that way! :drool Will probably leave on Thursday morning and have a nice three day trip down to the ferry port to meet up with the rest of you lot! :JB Just got to make sure I can keep that week free! :green gri
Any one want to tag along? :comfort Will PM some off the 'Ride Leaders!' :bow for mobile nos later.

Oh F F S! :eek
Hi Trippy
Well would not want to rush things! :augie
Just for the slow ones reading the posts, :comfort three days from Calais to which ever ferry port is chosen in spain. :eek
Scuba

Me again :blast

Looking to get a GPS for the Wee Beastie to use on this 'There are no plans!' trip to Morocco, So what are you (the others :tosser) using or taking? :eek
Also there is a bottom to the pit off money I will be spending!!:rob

Scuba :bow

Back
Top Bottom