Morrocan dash Easter '09?

Me again :blast

Looking to get a GPS for the Wee Beastie to use on this 'There are no plans!' trip to Morocco, So what are you (the others :tosser) using or taking? :eek
Also there is a bottom to the pit off money I will be spending!!:rob

Scuba :bow

I'd save your money and get the right paper map(s) for Morroco, the trip across Europe can be done with 2 or 3 pages torn out of a europe road atlas then laminated and a highlighter pen helps keep track:thumb2

Spend the remaining money you've saved on drink and fuel:thumb2

Shep

I'd save your money and get the right paper map(s) for Morroco, the trip across Europe can be done with 2 or 3 pages torn out of a europe road atlas then laminated and a highlighter pen helps keep track:thumb2

Spend the remaining money you've saved on drink and fuel:thumb2

Shep
You don't even need a map, follow the road signs

Rouen - Poitiers -Bordeaux - Bayonne - Vitoria - Burgos - Madrid - Jaen - Granada - Malaga - Algerciras.

Beer, por favouuuurrrrrrr

Even better than maps - pop into the first fast food outlet you come across in france and take a serviette.

On them it shows a map of france with all their outlets on, and most of them are on the roads we'll be using.

Do the same when we cross into spain. Again more money for beer and fuel.

A GPS isn’t essential but if you find yourself split up from the rest of the pack it’s easy for one of them to send you some co-ordinates, via a text message, of where they are during the day or what hotel they’ve ended up at in the evening.

Stick them in the unit and it’ll point you in the right direction. Far better than trying to work out a location from a tired tosser who isn’t really sure where he is anyway :D

Hi All
Have maps off Europe, dont use them much, though do use a compass :thumb2 Ok were going south! :eek
Was more thinking when out in Morocco if we get split up. Might just bring the old Garmin I was given, just tells how far and in which direction :green gri So can only go in straight lines!!!! :augie :D
Ok so Im off to buy a map now. :bounce1 :JB

Hi All me again :augie
Have got a map 1 to 800 000 scale :eek
Will it be ok or can any off you recommend one? :D
GPS works now! Now I know where I have been! :blast

Scuba

You don't even need a map, follow the road signs

Rouen - Poitiers -Bordeaux - Bayonne - Vitoria - Burgos - Madrid - Jaen - Granada - Malaga - Algerciras.

Beer, por favouuuurrrrrrr

Burgos? Burgos?

We eat burgos on the Turkey Trot, in the hookers' hotel.

The exchange went something like this:

"Do you have anything to eat?"

"Yes"

"What do you have?"

"Meat"

"What sort of meat?"

"Burgos"

"What is in the burgos?"

"Meat"

"Ah....."

Burgos? Burgos?

We eat burgos on the Turkey Trot, in the hookers' hotel.

The exchange went something like this:

"Do you have anything to eat?"

"Yes"

"What do you have?"

"Meat"

"What sort of meat?"

"Burgos"

"What is in the burgos?"

"Meat"

"Ah....."

and for a coulpe of £ more you could have had beef curtains

So what happpens if your a veggie?

Take a carrot.

2797804490_d9a1ca1ed6.jpg

Burgos.......Burgos

We eat Burgos on the Turkey Trot,in the Hooker Hotel :comfort

Ah...........Memories :thumb

So who's going to Morocco?

How many will have last minute insurance questions? Just to clarify now BMW insurance will show you photo of BMW GS in Morocco BUT THEY WON'T EVER COVER YOU FOR RIDING IN MOROCCO!!

Pretty much you need accept that you will NOT BE INSURED whilst in Morocco so don't bloody crash.

Also know that the two days to get to the port will be fecking hard in that you are travelling at 100MPH most of the time. Stops at petrol stations are literally stops to get fuel. If you take off your helmet and start smoking then you are on your own mate!!!

We stop for lunch but that's the one BIG stop in the first two days. You want leisure .. go on SAGA holiday :D

NOW ARE WE CLEAR! We don't want to upset Steptoe :D

As Jeremy said he and I are very much up for this trip, but just wanted to ask (if that doesn't rule me out immediately!), if the group is large - and I know its a long way off yet - what is the general situation at the end of the day with accommodation?

Is everyone expected to fend for themselves or are the hotels able to house such a group that just turns up?

Am very happy with the unplanned side of things and going with the flow but would just like the confidence that at the end of the day we will be somewhere that can accommodate everyone either in one place or spread amongst several nearby hotels.

Hi All
Just looking at ferry prices, Portsmouth to Le Harve £91 return :thumb2
Save 600 miles on the trip :D (There and back).
So will meet you :tosser all at Algeciras Saturday, got some nice twisties routes for the trip down :green gri:JB
Now off to sort out the big tank for the beast :drool , then to gets some new tyres at the weekend. :roll , and a service as well! :eek
F**k it almost sounds like a plan. . . :eek: Sorry Mr Steptoe! :bow

Scuba

Back
Top Bottom