Sgt Bilco`s USA Adventure Summer 2010

Probably confirming will get you on it. ;)

Joking apart I have the same thoughts. Jeez I would love to commit to this

Questions
Bike hire in the USA may be cheaper, easier & less hassle in the long run, I presume breakdown cover and full insurance would be included.

Norm

Bike hire can be very expensive and I`m guessing for this trip you`ll be stung for $4000 + for a GS or equivalent. When you rent, the whole breakdown and insurance is covered but it doesn`t help when you are miles from anywhere with no phone signal and the nearest dealer is 500 miles away:eek:

I always rent when I`m over for a couple of weeks and it`s OK for that. Try www.eaglerider.com or www.dubbelju.com and read all the small print if you want to check the prices. I use them and they are as good as they get.

Pat of the fun of a trip like this is doing the mileage on your own bike. It`s also a lot cheaper:D

Norm

Bike hire can be very expensive and I`m guessing for this trip you`ll be stung for $4000 + for a GS or equivalent. When you rent, the whole breakdown and insurance is covered but it doesn`t help when you are miles from anywhere with no phone signal and the nearest dealer is 500 miles away:eek:

I always rent when I`m over for a couple of weeks and it`s OK for that. Try www.eaglerider.com or www.dubbelju.com and read all the small print if you want to check the prices. I use them and they are as good as they get.

Pat of the fun of a trip like this is doing the mileage on your own bike. It`s also a lot cheaper:D

Thanks Sarge

When are you looking to lock this down and close with deposits committments etc.?

I reckon I need to pay the dosh and join the land of P.M. communication.

£12 feckin yorkshire pounds.

Done it paid the dosh

Norm

At the moment, I have enough people as I`m trying to keep the numbers down to 8 bikes but I`ll put you on the list and keep you in the loop. I`m sure there will be changes along the way.

I`m also thinking I`ll do another one if I can get enough interest which I`m sure there will be.

Please pm me all your details i.e bike, phone number etc

Please, count me in! I'm looking for an excuse to divorce the missus and this is as good as I'll think of!
If you wish, call me on: 07713 631 630.

Katy.

Katy

Please pm me all your details. Bike, e-mail etc

Norm..
Part of the fun of a trip like this is doing the mileage on your own bike. :D

& taking photos of your own bike along the way always brings back stronger memories. :thumb2

-0299Medium.jpg

1200 in 2010,

They do make nice little trailers now, lots of spares space!.
Dave ( Ihate Christmas ) GS Roll on 2010.

A link to a DMV site;may help you familiarise yourself with US roadsigns and customs.
http://www.mass.gov/rmv/dmanual/index.htm

Incidentally,what will be the mix of 11XX/1200s.?
I have a small stock of 1150 spares that i can bring.
Hall sensor plate,fuel pump,fuel disconnects,alternator belt,big bearing plus a few essential tools.

Will someone be bringing a laptop for emergencies,emails,downloading pictures etc.

Col

The bikes will be mostly 11XX`s with a couple of 12`s thrown but I`ve organised a tow rope for them:augie Nearer the time, we`ll get a definative list of spares together so we have enough between us to get out of trouble.

I never carry a laptop on the bike because I`m yet to find one that will survive but I`m sure they are out there. There are plenty of Wi-Fi hotspots so if someone wants to bting one no problem.

The only signs you need to read are these:D

A link to a DMV site;may help you familiarise yourself with US roadsigns and customs.
http://www.mass.gov/rmv/dmanual/index.htm

Incidentally,what will be the mix of 11XX/1200s.?
I have a small stock of 1150 spares that i can bring.
Hall sensor plate,fuel pump,fuel disconnects,alternator belt,big bearing plus a few essential tools.

Will someone be bringing a laptop for emergencies,emails,downloading pictures etc.

Attachments

• Oh dear......jpg
    Oh dear......jpg
    83 KB · Views: 619
lap tops

Several people took them on our little jaunt last year which was very arduos,
very rough roads etc but all survived ok, very useful for taunting those on here still at home! and for e-mailing.
Dave (I hate christmas) GS roll on 2010!.

Last edited:
Brokeback Mountain Tour 2010

The bikes will be mostly 11XX`s with a couple of 12`s thrown but I`ve organised a tow rope for them:augie

Just found out Vern lives just round the corner from me.

Should make things easier - he can give me lift home! :thumb2

Right,I'll be in charge of smashing laptops,mobile phones and all the other bollox people cart around with them.What the feck do you want a computer on holiday for:spitfire

Right,I'll be in charge of smashing laptops,mobile phones and all the other bollox people cart around with them.What the feck do you want a computer on holiday for:spitfire

Ooooh, am I gonna love this trip......:Aurelius

:popcorn

Hi Sgt,

I would like to join your group as a definate ( having secured a pass out from her indoors !). If you cant find me a place in June and intend doing it all again at some other time please let me know.
Thanks, David

Back
Top Bottom