Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Not A Holiday... It's An Adventure!

I ain't got no stinkin' visa! Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Fri Oct 17: Taferiate-Marrakech
    We were only about 20 miles from Marrakech, so the “Off-Roaders” opted to do an exploratory loop south… it was VERY dusty. At one point, we saw people carrying bundles down an almost sheer face opposite out track…

They were women of course… blokes don’t carry stuff over here…

We were lost trying to find a track out of a village when it happened… Paul took a liking to a thorn and cactus hedge…

Luckily, my camera was accessible and starts up pretty quickly, so a zoom shot was in order…

That was definitely the “Wrong Way” Paul! Lucky all those kids were around to help you pull the thorns out of your, er, trousers…

We got back to the main road, past some salt-pans…

..and stopped for tea at a petrol station (I love that tee-shirt)…

Paul was still looking a bit sheepish…

We finally got back to our base in Marrakech and were persuaded, by the Portuguese, to go out for a proper grilled steak... we had to wear silly shirts, though…

..and ride semi-naked through Marrakech…

Tonight, we all went to a posh restaurant for the final bash…

Miguel’s wife had missed him so much, she flew in to join him for a few days… aaah!...

Bill doing what Bill does best…

Is that the beginning of a smile on Kerry’s face?...

I think Ian was shocked at the sight of belly-dancers…

Paul gets stuck-in… he can belly-dance with the best of them…

Have we got enough to pay?...

Isn’t love great?...

ballistic

Sat Oct 18: Marrakech
    Time to go… Jose has done a good job patching his screen, and mirror, and spotlight… duct tape is King…

It’s that Les thing again… I’m going to have to have a go at that next year…

My trusty steed… I didn’t fall off, but I did drop it 5 times whilst parking!! Is there an advanced Parking Course out there?...

We spent Saturday afternoon helping Bill load up the trailer.. at last Paul gets his hands on the KTM…

That night, me, Paul and Bill went out for a pizza… our flights weren’t until tomorrow morning so it was one last wander round Marrakech… and an ice cream…

ballistic

Sun Oct 19: Marrakech
    Bill took us to airport for our 10:00am flight, only to find that it had been changed to a 9:00am flight… D’oh!
    Got a taxi back to Marrakech, booked into a back-street riad hotel and sat around drinking mint tea…

..and watching the rain…

ballistic

Fantastic report

Makes me want to go out and do it all for myself

How much is Bill paying you

Excellent stuff

Mon Oct 20: Marrakech-Home
    We got a taxi to the airport early-doors…

I got on a flight to Luton, where my car was parked, and Paul got a flight to Gatwick… a train to Luton and a shuttle-bus to the airport, where I picked him up.
    We eventually arrived home a day late, £400 poorer, but much wiser… next time we’ll check the flight times the day before we return!

Many thanks to Bill, Ian and Mick (Moto-Morocco) for making it a fantastic trip. If you’ve never ridden in Morocco before… get booked-in… you won’t regret it.

A couple of comments/observations…

If you don’t want to ride off-road, book on his road trip.

If you don’t think your GS is any good off-road… you’re wrong… it’s probably far more capable that you are… I was amazed at what I did on my (heavy) Adventure.

Remember what it says on the tin…

“It’s not a holiday, it’s an adventure!”

ballistic

Son of Ah Knah Yee Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Great report Brian

Now where's that Butlin's brochure....
    PUI since 2004

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

David Lee
    Really enjoyed reading your report, thanks for making the effort to post in such detail and with so many good pictures,

Dave

Great report!

And before Mike says anything, I really MUST get round to doing mine!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Excellent!!!!!! Spent 2 weeks saying exactley the same thing ie "its an adventure not a holiday "whilst being part of the team in Endurohimalaya a few weeks ago!!!Great to travel to these places on a bike !! Well done Matey!!
    You Soft Southern Jessy

My Glass is half Full

Quote Originally Posted by ballistic View Post
    “No good”. We had “brochettes” (kebab on a skewer) and sausages instead, wiping our hands with the anti-bacterial stuff you get in hospitals at every opportunity and drinking only water that came in a sealed bottle… no way were we going to get the shits!
    Always good to see travellers taking care of their health
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    KEA

Wrong Way
    Nice one Brian, when i work out how too i will put some pics that i took on here

great report

i feel a trip coming on next year

Not done too much offroad, haven't fallen off yet tho. Perhaps its time for the skills course and a set of tk80's

Quote Originally Posted by ballistic View Post

If you don’t want to ride off-road, book on his road trip.
    Here's another observation from the Level 1 advertisment:

Level 1 tours are designed for less experienced and novice off roaders, or more experienced riders who want to take pillions to share the thrill of riding the Moroccan trails and pistes.

Also

These trips are designed for riders who haven't done much, if any off-road riding, or anyone who is comfortable off road but wants to bring along their partner as a pillion.

I would question whether everyone fell into one of the above categories and whether Level 2 would have been more appropriate for some/majority. There were those who were very capable off-road, and did come along for an off-road experience, but were not comfortable at the speed of these Level 2 riders

If you're an experienced off-roader, book on his Level 2 trip. If you don't have enough guts to do that, don't join a Level 1 trip to the detriment of those who it was designed for

We still enjoyed ourselves though

A good write up BTW

What an absolutely fantastic report - I was actually on the boat with MrIanf and Fanum whilst you rbike was in transit to Spain. Looks like you had some superb weather - I must try this Morocco lark it looks superb fun

Thanks for posting

AndyT
    R100GS PD 1993
    Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport 2010
    Triumph 900 Scrambler 2014
    Yamaha Delight 115 Scooter 2013

Citroen DS3 120lux 2015
    Knaus Sun Ti 650 MG 2017

Thanks for the great read - although I'm now getting a little scared... booked on the level 2 trip starting in a few weeks time!!

Top class Brian just could not stop laughing ,that one with the hats ,sorry Paul but my sides are still splitting Rgds Allan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast