Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's Not A Holiday... It's An Adventure!

I ain't got no stinkin' visa! Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Thanks for the great read - although I'm now getting a little scared... booked on the level 2 trip starting in a few weeks time!!
    Don't be scared... it'll be great... just fit a big bash plate, pump your tyres up hard, and go for it

ballistic

Top class report with plenty of 'challenges' overcome. Cracking good write-up I thoroughly enjoyed reading.

Thanks

TP

Migas
    Hello Brian, Paul, Bill, Mick, Ali BaBa YAM... everybody...

Congratulations

Fantastic trip report

It was fantastic to know you.

Thanks for your friendship.

Never knowingly understood Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    The photo below was for me a total embarrassment, for the two waiters looking on, waiting, also! I quickly followed Ian's example, threw enough money in to more than cover my meal, and enough for a bottle of wine (which I didn't drink) plus a 'tip' ... and withdrew to the bar

Ballistic... Brian, you speak of 'Off Roaders' and 'Road Riders' ... we weren't 'Road Riders', we were 'Level 1 Riders, we still rode the Pistes, but at Level 1, which is what we'd looked at the terms and conditions for... and signed up for.

I heard someone say that the 'Road Riders' had signed up for the wrong tour! Well bugger me, they'd signed up for a 'Level 1' tour but didn't get it. Instead they got a 'Level 2' tour which some buggers of outstanding ability hadn't signed up for and got

Gog yn y De quote ... "If you're an experienced off-roader, book on his Level 2 trip. If you don't have enough guts to do that, don't join a Level 1 trip to the detriment of those who it was designed for" ... Totally agree Matie

Bill picked up the pace and wanted everyone to be riding, within a couple of days, his beloved Level 2 Pistes, at his beloved Level 2 pace But without any help, advice or instruction
    Some tagged along... "I'm giving them what they've paid for" ... some kept up, they'd never ridden off road before, didnt know what was on the cards, until they crashed, but there were others that had paid the same money that were left by the wayside... having expected the Level 1 description of things. They didn't get what they paid for Peer pressure was clearly evident!

The 'Adventure' should have been run at the the Level 1 level, with the advice given to those of better ability to take this, or that, Piste to meet up later... wherever ... whatever!

Still a great trip though Bill

Micky
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Adventure.GS
    Tours, training or custom made earplugs ... it's all here.

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

Great trip report and photographs by the way Brian.

I do apologise to those in the photograph for my post does give the wrong impression What it doesn't show is that it took half an hour almost to sort the money matters out. Some were willing to divide the total bill, plus a tip, by fifteen, some were not.

I've probably been a little harsh on Bill too, so I apologise for that, but I was merely touching on points raised by some of the gang. It was a great trip make no mistake, with great company and good craic.

www.adventure.gs
    Adventure.GS

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

I've had that sort of problem before micky, unfortunatly it's almost unavoidable in a big group. In my experience paying for the food isn't the problem it's the drinks

Anyway, i'm thinking of doing a level one trip next year. Sounds like great fun.

Quote Originally Posted by rc mad View Post
    I've had that sort of problem before micky, unfortunatly it's almost unavoidable in a big group. In my experience paying for the food isn't the problem it's the drinks

Anyway, i'm thinking of doing a level one trip next year. Sounds like great fun.

Good fun indeed John ... go for it matie

www.adventure.gs
    Adventure.GS

zelopes

Hi Bill

Hi Bill

I would like to post a photo here but have no rights.

Anyway thank you for the good company.

José

I ain't got no stinkin' visa! Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by zelopes View Post
    Hi Bill

I would like to post a photo here but have no rights.

Anyway thank you for the good company.

José
    José,

Brian here... send your photo and message to me at brhaywood@ntlworld.com and I'll post it for you.
    Hope you got back in one piece also... have you got the GSA back together yet?
    This is how mine looks
    Attached Images Attached Images  

ballistic

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123