It's Not A Holiday... It's An Adventure!

Mon Oct 20: Marrakech-Home
We got a taxi to the airport early-doors…
Morocco418.jpg

I got on a flight to Luton, where my car was parked, and Paul got a flight to Gatwick… a train to Luton and a shuttle-bus to the airport, where I picked him up.
We eventually arrived home a day late, £400 poorer, but much wiser… next time we’ll check the flight times the day before we return!

Many thanks to Bill, Ian and Mick (Moto-Morocco) for making it a fantastic trip. If you’ve never ridden in Morocco before… get booked-in… you won’t regret it.

A couple of comments/observations…

If you don’t want to ride off-road, book on his road trip.

If you don’t think your GS is any good off-road… you’re wrong… it’s probably far more capable that you are… I was amazed at what I did on my (heavy) Adventure.

Remember what it says on the tin…

“It’s not a holiday, it’s an adventure!”

Morocco306.jpg

Really enjoyed reading your report, thanks for making the effort to post in such detail and with so many good pictures,

Dave:bounce1

Excellent!!!!!! Spent 2 weeks saying exactley the same thing ie "its an adventure not a holiday "whilst being part of the team in Endurohimalaya a few weeks ago!!!Great to travel to these places on a bike !! Well done Matey!!:thumb

“No good”. We had “brochettes” (kebab on a skewer) and sausages instead, wiping our hands with the anti-bacterial stuff you get in hospitals at every opportunity and drinking only water that came in a sealed bottle… no way were we going to get the shits!

Always good to see travellers taking care of their health:thumb

Attachments

• Morocco009 (Small).jpg
    Morocco009 (Small).jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 712
Nice one Brian, when i work out how too i will put some pics that i took on here

great report :clap

i feel a trip coming on next year :D

Not done too much offroad, haven't fallen off yet tho. Perhaps its time for the skills course and a set of tk80's :eek:

<snip>

If you don’t want to ride off-road, book on his road trip.
<snip>
Here's another observation from the Level 1 advertisment:

Level 1 tours are designed for less experienced and novice off roaders, or more experienced riders who want to take pillions to share the thrill of riding the Moroccan trails and pistes.

Also

These trips are designed for riders who haven't done much, if any off-road riding, or anyone who is comfortable off road but wants to bring along their partner as a pillion.

I would question whether everyone fell into one of the above categories and whether Level 2 would have been more appropriate for some/majority. There were those who were very capable off-road, and did come along for an off-road experience, but were not comfortable at the speed of these Level 2 riders :nenau

If you're an experienced off-roader, book on his Level 2 trip. If you don't have enough guts to do that, don't join a Level 1 trip to the detriment of those who it was designed for :rob

We still enjoyed ourselves though :beerjug:

A good write up BTW :thumb2

What an absolutely fantastic report - I was actually on the boat with MrIanf and Fanum whilst you rbike was in transit to Spain. Looks like you had some superb weather - I must try this Morocco lark it looks superb fun:thumb2

Thanks for posting

AndyT

Thanks for the great read - although I'm now getting a little scared... booked on the level 2 trip starting in a few weeks time!!

Top class Brian just could not stop laughing ,that one with the hats ,sorry Paul but my sides are still splitting Rgds Allan:bounce1

Hello Brian, Paul, Bill, Mick, Ali BaBa YAM... everybody...

Congratulations

Fantastic trip report

It was fantastic to know you.

Thanks for your friendship.

The photo below was for me a total embarrassment, for the two waiters looking on, waiting, also! I quickly followed Ian's example, threw enough money in to more than cover my meal, and enough for a bottle of wine (which I didn't drink) plus a 'tip' ... and withdrew to the bar :eek:

Ballistic... Brian, you speak of 'Off Roaders' and 'Road Riders' ... we weren't 'Road Riders', we were 'Level 1 Riders, we still rode the Pistes, but at Level 1, which is what we'd looked at the terms and conditions for... and signed up for.

I heard someone say that the 'Road Riders' had signed up for the wrong tour! Well bugger me, they'd signed up for a 'Level 1' tour but didn't get it. Instead they got a 'Level 2' tour which some buggers of outstanding ability hadn't signed up for and got :thumb

Gog yn y De quote ... "If you're an experienced off-roader, book on his Level 2 trip. If you don't have enough guts to do that, don't join a Level 1 trip to the detriment of those who it was designed for" ... Totally agree Matie :thumb

Bill picked up the pace and wanted everyone to be riding, within a couple of days, his beloved Level 2 Pistes, at his beloved Level 2 pace :eek: But without any help, advice or instruction :eek:
Some tagged along... "I'm giving them what they've paid for" ... some kept up, they'd never ridden off road before, didnt know what was on the cards, until they crashed, but there were others that had paid the same money that were left by the wayside... having expected the Level 1 description of things. They didn't get what they paid for :eek: Peer pressure was clearly evident!

The 'Adventure' should have been run at the the Level 1 level, with the advice given to those of better ability to take this, or that, Piste to meet up later... wherever ... whatever!

Still a great trip though Bill :thumb

:beerjug:

Micky

Attachments

• Divvy up time.jpg
    Divvy up time.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 536
Great trip report and photographs by the way Brian.

I do apologise to those in the photograph for my post does give the wrong impression :eek: What it doesn't show is that it took half an hour almost to sort the money matters out. Some were willing to divide the total bill, plus a tip, by fifteen, some were not.

I've probably been a little harsh on Bill too, so I apologise for that, but I was merely touching on points raised by some of the gang. It was a great trip make no mistake, with great company and good craic.

www.adventure.gs

I've had that sort of problem before micky, unfortunatly it's almost unavoidable in a big group. In my experience paying for the food isn't the problem it's the drinks :beer:

Anyway, i'm thinking of doing a level one trip next year. Sounds like great fun. :thumb2

I've had that sort of problem before micky, unfortunatly it's almost unavoidable in a big group. In my experience paying for the food isn't the problem it's the drinks :beer:

Anyway, i'm thinking of doing a level one trip next year. Sounds like great fun. :thumb2

Good fun indeed John ... go for it matie :thumb

www.adventure.gs

Hi Bill

Hi Bill

I would like to post a photo here but have no rights.

Anyway thank you for the good company.

José

Back
Top Bottom