A smallish bit of aluminium work, please

Wapping

Reaction score
Could any kind fellow fabricate me a piece of aluminium / light steel to fill this space on a 1200GSA, please?

407980034_6ULhw-M.jpg

I would like, please, to:

(a) Have it sprayed / anodised black.

(b) Have suitable small slots cut into the edge so that it can be held in place with cable ties.

(c) Have three holes cut into into it. I want to mount a 'BuMW type' socket and two Nippy Norman jump start cable sockets.

(d) Be shaped to clear the frame welds and the piece of frame reinforcing, making a neat and tidy fit.

If any anyone can help please PM me with price etc.

Many thanks,

Richard

If you can make one in card,then send it to me,I'll do the rest if that's any good to you:thumb

Give me a bell tomorrow about 12-2ish for a chat 01829 771040

If you can make one in card,then send it to me,I'll do the rest if that's any good to you:thumb

Give me a bell tomorrow about 12-2ish for a chat 01829 771040

Excellent.

I thought a card template would be the way to go.

I will get it made out of stiff card and drop it into the post at the weekend.

Richard

When you are doing this mod bias the hole for the socket slightly toward the front, otherwise it will foul the damper cover.
Don't ask how I know. Also, there is no good reason to have the plate fill the entire frame space.

My thanks to all for their prompt replies tips and PM's.

I have chatted with Vern*, who has agreed to make me one up, from a template that I will provide. As Vern pointed out (and Harry confirmed**) it may require one or two trial runs to get it right. I will post up the pictures as we go along.

---

*I have never met Vern but what a top man he sounded on the 'phone. :thumb2

**Thanks for the heads up about the clearance at the rear.

That'll be the same Vern who, two days before Christmas a couple of years ago, took the time to fabricate an aluminium hood for my 1100's headlight to stop it glaring off my newly Tobinated screen. The same Vern who then, on Christmas Eve, gave me a call to make sure I'd received the hood, that it fitted and that it was all OK. And the same Vern who flatly refused to take anything in payment for it!

What a proper Tosser. :D

why not make it out of card - then plywood - fit the sockets etc - paint it black - mount it up etc

see if it works - use it

get it made in super lightweight anodised aluminiumium later ? :thumb

Bilco is coming to the shed on Friday,and he,per chance, has a 1200,and I bet I can do an ally one before he susses it out:augie

Cardboard might not come into it:bounce1

Bilco is coming to the shed on Friday,and he,per chance, has a 1200,and I bet I can do an ally one before he susses it out:augie

Cardboard might not come into it:bounce1

The Top man gets topper and topper....:beerjug:

Richard, it`s better leaving it that way.....:hide

Just heard from Vern..... Mk1 is on its way..... Cadcam drawn, laser cut... or so he tells me.... :augie :D

Anyway, top service....

Awaiting the arrival of Vern's mk1 plate, I did some trial work using stiff card, just to see what a final version might look like and work any possible snags.

So far it seems OK.

413238686_Xd3nv-M.jpg

413237004_xJ3sD-M.jpg

One thing I did realise through making a mock-up was that it would be easier to place the edge of the plate behind the support struts of the frame and the curved infill of frame support. This will help to keep it in place.

413237880_S7ztZ-M.jpg

413237373_YTZrT-M.jpg

Thanks to Harry for giving me the tip about not fouling the suspension unit's cover. I could see exactly what you meant.

Richard

Back
Top Bottom