If one, hypothetically, was looking for a Hardly...

I can recommend one of these for 2up touring
It's not a 'mile-muncher' but it just keeps going and v confortable
The other thing is it looks the business

Attachments

• Devon 028.jpg
    Devon 028.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 283
alternative to hog

I bought a Victory King Pin Tour to complement the GS. Went all over on it, toured France and commuted. Great machine. I wanted a cruiser but am not really into the Hog thang. great alternative (upside down forks and brembo brakes too.)
Hodge:thumb2:thumb2

The Street Bob is a great all-rounder and you can modify it relatively easily to the style/look you want for it. I wanted the "Dark Custom" style for mine......as little chrome as possible. Black powdercoating is the HD's friend.

They're not as all-round as a GS and less able to do longer journeys, but very rewarding to ride if you like the "old style" feel that you used to get from a bike in the 1950s and 1960s (my age is revealing here). Harleys are good bikes, although the dealerships (and the company) are not a patch on BMW for allround professionalism and service (in my own opinion).

Here's mine.

Attachments

• HD Street Bob in Black 2.jpg
    HD Street Bob in Black 2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 259
Indeed so. I've had a few mods done on it since (dual seat, rack, cissy bar) etc, again by Oxford HD.

Oxford HD had some good original ideas when they put it together and it's one of the few HDs that's appealed to me in the last 5 years or so.

Gosh .... you have a good memory for bikes ! Was it those red wheels ?

Front View "Black Bob".

Front quarterview.

Attachments

• Harley Davidson Street Black Bob 1.jpg
    Harley Davidson Street Black Bob 1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 233
I like twin shock HD's after having owned Sportsters(non standard) and Softails (a Fatboy) a Twin shock may well be the way I go for my next bike I like the simplicity and the proper bike look of the non softtail big twins.

But i do like the one above but i'd have to get rid of the red wheels.

For me, all matt silver and stainless steel with an S&S street motor and a gearbox with a kicker added. Beach bars and hidden wiring and cables al la 'Exile':drool

Shep

The red wheels look better "in the flesh". They really work against the darkness of the bike.

Check out the Kingpin 8 Ball for sale on this site under the Non GS bikes for sale section.

Did you buy one Mark?

I'm rattling round on this at the minute. Love the Sportster motor :cool:

DSC00945.jpg

That bike of Alex's looks the biz :thumb2

Still not found one that fits the bill Rob. There seem to be two types - the Altars of Chrome and the Old Custom Nails. I'm after a Road King-esque HD with a few miles and that's seen some action. As long as it's mechanically sound and not rusty I'm happy. Don't seem to be many around though...

All those harleys are just tarted up with shop bought add on's - pathetic and they all look the same.

Here's my mates harley. The real deal. Taken with camera phone hence the quality

Had a sit on one of these at the NEC felt like the Biz but £15000!! :eek: Its a Cross Bones Felt Great!!:thumb2

Attachments

• Harley_CB_1.jpg
    Harley_CB_1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 155
But why would you pay £15 grand for a bike that has front suspension that was obsolete in the 1930s? :nenau Would anybody spend £15 grand on a brand new car with cable operated drum brakes or with sprung cart axles - I think not so why anybody would consider buying one of these two wheeled museum pieces is beyond me.:rob :blast

Here's my mates harley. The real deal. Taken with camera phone hence the quality

Thats looks fecking awful :barf

This is Robbo's harley. Dropped to the ground, thrashed to within an inch of it's life and covers more miles than most of the GSers put together :clap

image049.jpg

Back
Top Bottom