5TH 6TH JUNE SCOTTISH EVENT

Where did yae get the sign Al? Did yae take it way yae?:nenau

The story..................
8 of us arrived in Tongue in April this year, and headed for the Ben Loyal Hotel for refreshment.

It was 11:40 and we thought it was a good time to stop for coffee.

When we entered the Ben Loyal Hotel, we were met by a lovely lady with that good old Scottish phrase:

"We don't open until noon!"

"It's almost noon now"

"It's only 11:15 - we don't open until noon!"

(after checking watch) - "It's actually 11:40"

"We don't open 'till noon!"

Frank remembered that the Post Office sold coffees, so we went over the road and enjoyed our refreshment there.

I went back and told the owner that I couldn't believe that they turned away trade at 20 mins to 12 (they didn't know if we were in for coffee or lunch) - to which he replied:

"We don't open 'till noon!"

So - the next time I headed up there - I printed out the sign and balanced the camera on the tailpack on the bike............... :D

Al :D

That's my diary marked.:thumb2

Only two days? There seems to be so much to see up there why not go up on the Friday?

Only two days? There seems to be so much to see up there why not go up on the Friday?

Unless your calander is different to the rest of the world

the 5th of June 2009 is a Friday:augie

Who's stopping you?

If the weather's fine then I'll be spending a lot more than two days up there.

(wiz going to say 'cruising about up there 'but Blackal might read something into it...)

:blastFinancial crisis means I've not saved up for a 2009 calendar yet:D

So that will be 5-7th then:bounce1

Dinnae say I'm no guid tae ye:thumb

2009-calendar.gif

ulla pool do

hi can you tell me what happens at the do ie, music dancing ,ride out where,drinking +games ,i know a group that can have fun with a pack of jaffer cakes and whiskey?:eek:onyack:beerjug::ChrisKelly

hi can you tell me what happens at the do ie, music dancing ,ride out where,drinking +games ,i know a group that can have fun with a pack of jaffer cakes and whiskey?:eek:onyack:beerjug::ChrisKelly

It along the same lines except we prefer squeezy cheese and ritz crackers:thumb

I just got my 1150 to work and it needs a test run if I wanted to come along what the SP?

:thumb2

seems too easy best I have a look at the map and see how far Ullapool is.

will post if i can bunk off.

might have dropped a bit of bolox there... the wife and I had a conversation well she did most of the talking, seems I forgot a certain aniversary....:blast

and as I don't want to be stabbed again... I'll be taking my wife to the theatre in London which sounds rather nice...:augie

bolox I did wonder why the day was blanked out in my diary with nothing written against it.:rolleyes:

I shall now make myself very small and hide in the dog house for a while...

Back
Top Bottom