Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gentlemen's Wee-Kend 5th to 7th June 2009

Gentlemen's Wee-Kend 5th to 7th June 2009

Following on from the discussions on the aaahhh thread and speaking with Proff this morning it seemed like an idea to start a new thread with the details of the Airhead shaftie gathering next June.

Date: Friday the 5th to Sunday the 7th of June 2009.

Accommodation: Camping, local b&B's spaces for Wobblyboxes available.

Bikes: Airhead shaft-drives only!

Further details to follow! (When Proff finishes emptying his colostomy bag)

Confirm your attendance below!

Sounds good, book me in Proff's wobbly box please!

25 Mar 1949 - 10 Nov 2016 Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Sounds good
    I'll put Me, Barb and Chris [my son who nicked my R100cs] down as certainties.

Pencil me in, best check with my social secretary if I'm allowed out for a weekend though In a B & B or other non tent enviroment.

Best get the topbox sorted out

Trippy
    One for camping

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    arent 2cvs shaft drive . would love to come but i think i was born the wrong side of 1975 love the idea of ale airheads and cider

I should change this Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    One for camping please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronno View Post
    Then I remembered. He doesn't ride a GS. Therefore he aint at the sharp end of Dudeness...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    'Where there's offence, there's brass'

Quote Originally Posted by bumpmuncher View Post
    arent 2cvs shaft drive . would love to come but i think i was born the wrong side of 1975 love the idea of ale airheads and cider
    My son rides a 1981 R100cs, 2 years older than him.
    So come along old boy, get your airheads cobwebs removed

Quote Originally Posted by Proff View Post
    My son rides a 1981 R100cs, 2 years older than him.
    So come along old boy, get your airheads cobwebs removed

only reason its gathering cobwebs at the mo is the gear box is with voyager and drive shaft is in USofA. yup i am up for it. one space under a hedge please ( thats if i am brave enough to try the cider ) Bm

Count me in for camping please.

Non-snoring section as usual.

So if I can get that old nail of an R80/7 running ("Starts first time!") then I could come.

Where exactly is venue? Surely not all held on Proff's lumpy sloping garden?? No room for bikes or wobblyboxes and local pub is a bit small. For a National Event this could attract serious numbers which could easily overpower the venue.

Why not base event at Bettie Cottles just down the road? Only 5 minutes from Proff's place and perfect venue for a bike gathering. They have large camping area, plug-ins for wobbyboxes, a decent bunk house and even luxury B&B for the softies. Good food and good ales. Even the barmaids looked OK and that was before I'd had several pints of Stella.

I could help with a ride out on the Sat or Sun as area is local to me. Coffee stop at my place if you like as I have space for numerous bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Horman View Post
    Why not base event at Bettie Cottles just down the road? Only 5 minutes from Proff's place and perfect venue for a bike gathering. They have large camping area, plug-ins for wobbyboxes, a decent bunk house and even luxury B&B for the softies. Good food and good ales.
    This the place: http://www.bettycottles.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Horman View Post
    So if I can get that old nail of an R80/7 running ("Starts first time!") then I could come.

Where exactly is venue? Surely not all held on Proff's lumpy sloping garden?? No room for bikes or wobblyboxes and local pub is a bit small. For a National Event this could attract serious numbers which could easily overpower the venue.

Why not base event at Bettie Cottles just down the road? Only 5 minutes from Proff's place and perfect venue for a bike gathering. They have large camping area, plug-ins for wobbyboxes, a decent bunk house and even luxury B&B for the softies. Good food and good ales. Even the barmaids looked OK and that was before I'd had several pints of Stella.

I could help with a ride out on the Sat or Sun as area is local to me. Coffee stop at my place if you like as I have space for numerous bikes.

NOPE !!
    The Barn at the farm where I keep my wobblybox is the venue for the workshop.
    It's a stagger from our local pub. and my house, has electricity plenty of room and is under cover if it rains

I also prefer to drink in MY local, you know it's a good place and so what if it gets full, they'll cope
    We also have electric plug ins for wobblyboxes FOC !!!, PLUS a camping field IF we need it. 1 mile from farm. with River OKEMENT encircling it almost
    50°48'54.09"N 4° 0'42.94"W on google earth

and we live by the crossroads at the A3072
    My garden had 30 Rockers camping on it in 1990 and no one complained , 22 tents IIRC..
    the outside loo will be recommissioned for the event.

It could be ok for B+B if I can't get local in the village...

Besides A30 rescue who are based at Betty cottles don't like me I shopped them for ripping a broken down motorist off, to the tune of £1500....
    Thats why I never go there...
    Thats why they lost a lot of recovery work .

If anyone can post a google pic covering the three places mentioned, I'd appreciate it..

wobblybox barn is under 24 hour cctv surveilance and has feck off strong gates and locks...

Trippy
    Quote Originally Posted by John Armstrong View Post
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Proff View Post
    NOPE !!
    Betty cottles don't like me
    Oh

Really comfused or am I not keeping up ?

Is this the same weekend and / or a different event, or is this the SKYE EVENT is there a SKYE EVENT or is this a seperate event, help

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthr...12#post1597812

Ah its a seperate event at PROFF`s sorry silly me, still it a AIRHEAD event, I have one of those

Quote Originally Posted by BAKERMAN View Post
    Really comfused or am I not keeping up ?

Is this the same weekend and / or a different event, or is this the SKYE EVENT is there a SKYE EVENT or is this a seperate event, help

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthr...12#post1597812

Ah its a seperate event at PROFF`s sorry silly me, still it a AIRHEAD event, I have one of those
    You DO ??????
    As long as its a Shaftdrive Airhead flat twin with 2 or 3 wheels it will be welcome

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast