Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gentlemen's Wee-Kend 5th to 7th June 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Trippy View Post
    Have you thought as far ahead as showers and loo's for 30 people?
    We can't all piss as we walk around and empty it later
    He has a point Proff, and I don't mean at the end of his catheter

I mean when he said your taking the piss.........................

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Farmer View Post
    Just got back from me holidays, just got your message as well Proff. I'm up for it
    Oh good, I can drown my bike now and still get home

25 Mar 1949 - 10 Nov 2016 Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Loo in wobblybox for 5 inhabitants
    Loo in rear yard fully functioning and lit for campers.

Our house is an old farm house.
    Washing FFS we can manage for 2 days....
    3 washbasins in the house, 1 shower and 1 bathroom.
    expecting around 20 to 25. if theres more I'll get a turd tardis
    Won't cost a lot as I have contacts.
    Stop with the negative vibes man
    {Kellys Heroes}
    For you Trippy i'll even change the water in the Horse Trough

Turnertech senior management reconfirming my attendance, not sure whether it will be camping or wobblyboxing.

Trippy
    Quote Originally Posted by Proff View Post
    Stop with the negative vibes man

Ok I won't say another word.

Over to you Sid

Pencil BT, D, Boo, AirHead and me please Kieth.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards Uncle Bob and Val.
    07403 165 249

OK SO A LOVE AFFAIR IN 1979 THAT LASTED 8 YEARS FINALLY CAME BACK (after 23 years) TO BITE ME IN THE ARSE ON 09-04-2009 AND THEN GOT US SPLICED ON 02-09-2011!

Ok I won't say another word.

Over to you Sid
    I fear we are wasting our time. You and me both want this event to be a total success but we are up against the total intransigence of Proff. Real shame because it could be an excellent event if held at Betty Cottles. There is nothing negative about wanting this to be a success for all comers.

Betty Cottles would be a single venue site rather than spread across two separate sites. Fact is Proff's house and wobbybox park are a good half mile apart. House is down narrow road which makes it difficult to park more than one car or 4 bikes outside house without blocking road. Stop taking it personally Keith, nobody is being negative about your house just trying to be practical.

Local pub is good, I've no complaints about it as a small (very) village pub and I agree the food is very good. I just feel that Betty Cottles is better and only 5 minutes away. It would also fully cater for all budgets and tastes.

Perhaps as a compromise at least suggest Betty Cottles as an overspill for those who want camping with showers etc, bunkhouse or full B&B facilities.

This is meant as a POSITIVE suggestion to help make event a success.

If you don't agree, then just feck off you old git!

PS probably see you tomorrow some time on my way to Exeter to collect new fork seals for my KTM. Might even pay you for airhead and collect it.

1 sentance>>>>>
    Pipe and slippers club members

All tossers have been very positive and the event will go ahead as outlined near as damnit

Quote Originally Posted by brassmonkey001 View Post
    One bike or two?
    Two of course.

Ribenabike and Eric the halfbee
    My other bike is ........... in pieces

Rather wordy for 8.30 Sat :)

Have you thought as far ahead as showers and loo's for 30 people?
    We can't all piss as we walk around and empty it later
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    He has a point Proff, and I don't mean at the end of his catheter

I mean when he said your taking the piss.........................
    Turd Tardis no problem if needed

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Horman View Post
    I fear we are wasting our time. You and me up against the total intransigence of Proff.
    Local pub is good, I've no complaints about it as a small (very) village pub and I agree the food is very good.

Perhaps as a compromise at least suggest Betty Cottles as an overspill for those who want camping with showers etc, bunkhouse or full B&B facilities.

Noted and commented on below

If you don't agree, then just feck off you old git!

Points noted and heeded.

Lets get a couple of things straight first.
    This is meant to be a Airhead WORKSHOP, with a bike or bikes being serviced and tips on common jobs
    e.g. the removing of a g/box to lubricate the splines. [ supposed to be done once a year ]
    replacing rusty or leaking pushrod tubes
    Doing a Full service on a airhead from engine set up to all oils, breathers and filters.
    Repairing a stripped thread, or what to do if your g/box drain plug loses it's thread [yes it does happen] a moggy minor diff plug is always in my toolkit in case that happens [taper thread you see ]

I'm hoping to get a well respected purveyor of Parts and service kits to attend with a full range of Airhead bits, new and second hand.

Why it nearly always better to remove airhead exhaust clamps by splitting instead of unscrewing. >> new nut £12.00 New thread on exhaust stub £70 plus

If time a small ride out on the Saturday evening before a night and meal in MY local pub, which always makes Everyone welcome !

A gentle green lane bimble and/or a run round the ring road of Dartmoor then meet up at Cider press Winkleigh at around mid day. Pub for Sunday dinner for those who wish it.
    For those who do not have to get back on Sunday, stay as long as you like

We can talk Airheads, drink Rum, Beer and Cider etc till the Castrol R runs out of our pores.

My main purpose of this weekend + is to educate and illustrate just how easy [ or hard ] it is to work on and keep your airheads running.
    It's about the BIKES with added bimbles for discerning Gentlemen and Ladies.

So in conclusion, being as it will mean my tools, bike lifts, compressor, nail gun [for Sids Head ] being taken to a COVERED 18 meter by 5 meter Barn.
    Our Wobblybox well loaded with Tea Coffee and Snacks for the Gutsy buggers amongst us, during the workshop time.
    It's going to be based at my place.
    The Walk from the pub to my house is 3 minutes.
    The walk from Pub to where Wobblybox and the barn are, is 10 minutes max.
    If thats too much for Sid and Trippy i'll arrange a Taxi

Rob Farmer, Avrolancaster, Kenny, Monk plus other venerable gents will hopefully be passing on there undeniable expertise of these wonderful beasts on to others who have just discovered or rediscovered the Airhead BMW.
    Last ones { Basics } are all over 10 years old now
    and a lot of us run considerably older ones [ 1980 upwards in g/s 's ]
    1950 up in pre g/s types.

Rough timetable would be >> Arrive any time you want Fri, meet and greet either at ours or the pub. Barb will probally do a gallon of Curry or Chili for anyone who wants to partake [usually bloody hot ] GAS BBQ will be available for those who want to burn stuff themselves Drink Banter Sleeps try to get down workshop/ barn on Saturday for 10 ish. then see how it goes, Evening meal with more banter being compulsory.
    People arriving on the Saturday, at anytime will be met and told where we are if we have moved to workshop.
    This is just a rough draft at the moment, I will listen to ALL sensible ideas.
    we HAVE got a Camping field if needed but I can't see that being a problem.
    I will also today make enquiries as to who is doing B+B next year in our village
    Also if anyone wants to stay at Betty Cottles, not a problem BUT the Workshop and Jollies will be taking place in Exbourne !!!

If anyone wants to arrange a pissup type Rally at Betty Cottles
    go ahead.

Size 11.5 Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Yes please

An Airhead workshop ! just what I need.
    Camping for one please.
    Illegitimis nil carborundum

I'd better bring your allen key set back then Proff

Proff as you say its a rough draft at the moment, numbers are certainly growing so as an alternative for those who would prefer a bimble to see the local countryside rather than attend the workshop why not see if something can be arranged?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Proff as you say its a rough draft at the moment, numbers are certainly growing so as an alternative for those who would prefer a bimble to see the local countryside rather than attend the workshop why not see if something can be arranged?
    No Probs, Sid has offered to lead a bimbley geen laney type one
    I trust you will leave the missus here to learn how to fix the mono tho'

Ooh Argh

Put oi down fer tentin n zyder

Trippy

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Ok you've had enough time, choose the new name and get the thread changed Proff.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast