Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Langdale Quest

Great things are looking good for this event.
    Do not forget as soon as we get 10 definates I will get in touch with Langdale quest and arrange a discount code for us to book

So far it looks like we have.(Feel free to add your name to the list)

karnevil.
    Mort.
    KMD.
    stu650.
    garfield.
    Andres.
    Scooby.(and his bro)
    harryb (& Wife)

I recieved this today from a fellow member..............

Hi i am a member of a local Yorkshire motorcycle club. we organise enduros and rallys in and around the North Yorks Forest Complex .
    At a club meeting last night we were told by one of our members who liases between ourselves and forest enterprise that Langdale Quest MAY have ceased trading , at the moment this is unconfirmed but it may be worth you checking before continuing to organise your event.
    Hope it turns out to be unfounded
    Cheers

I have looked at their web site and it states that they are on Christmas holiday untill the 15 January.I will contact them then to see how the land lies.

Andy.

xmob
    Hi guys

I did work at Langdale Quest. I would advise, at present, that the site is closed.

I currently have no further details.

* * * * * * Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    shame if it doesn't go ahead, would have been fun.....
    <a href=http://www.nomadbiker.co.uk target=_blank>www.nomadbiker.co.uk</a>

HullTraily
    I know most of the lanes around that area so if Langdale Quest are still having problems before June let me know and I can either lead a ride out for you or mark a map up if you'd prefer. It would be a shame to miss out because there is some great green lanes in that area, all GS'able as well as plenty of other things to see and do.

Paul

New Member (less than 15 Posts) Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    HI GUYS I UNDERSTAND FROM A FRIEND OF MINE INTO GREEN LANING THAT LANGDALE QUEST IS NO MORE. SORRY NOT CONFIRMED BUT GOOD SOURCE SO NO REASON TO DOUBT INFO.

mikeripon
    Hi Guys i just joined the group, hope the weekend goes ahead i would like to join you. If Langdale Quest has closed, its a shame but not the end of the world, there is lots to see and do around this area, not to mention some great roads and views.
    I will watch this space and count me in whatever you decide to do!
    Mike

Can we keep this thread going guys? There seems to be mounting interest in the original idea, and even if the company have gone belly up there are a number of people on this site with good knowledge of the area who could lead a ride. I know Hull Traily and Johnny Boxer, to name only two, have good knowledge of the lanes, so the plan could still go ahead. Just need to get them on board.

You all healed now HT?

Quote Originally Posted by KMD View Post
    Can we keep this thread going guys? There seems to be mounting interest in the original idea, and even if the company have gone belly up there are a number of people on this site with good knowledge of the area who could lead a ride. I know Hull Traily and Johnny Boxer, to name only two, have good knowledge of the lanes, so the plan could still go ahead. Just need to get them on board.

sounds like a good idea.....

I have tried to contact Langdale quest but to no avail.I have spoken with Lord Derwent and he confirmed that the talk is that they have ceased trading.
    I would be up for still having a get together and ride round but my only problem is that I cannot get over that area to find roads to do,but if someone local is willing to do some recce work then I have no problem going ahead with it.
    Just a shame its gone tits up!

Euro - GSer Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I have a good knowledge of the lanes in Yorkshire Moors and Dales, plus the Malton/Driffield (Yorkshire Wolds) area and would pitch in, if needed (subject to availability on any said dates)
    JohnnyBoxer

RJB Asset Finance - Vehicle, Machinery & Equipment Finance for Agricultural, Commercial and Rural Business

So many roads...........So little time......

billydrz
    I used to work at langdale quest as their trail bike guide and also quad instructor, I can confirm that the owner of Langdale Quest has done a runner and the business is no longer operational. If any of you are interested, I could lead a ride out as I know all the legal off road routes in the North Yorkshire National Park, including the route you were proposing to take. If you are interested post a reply. Cheers.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Hi Billy

The wife and I are certainly interested. We have sent a deposit off for our accomodation, so will be going that weekend regardless.

If you are prepared to lead the way that would be fantastic.

Stu

billydrz
    No Worries Stu, if you let me know the dates I will happily give you the grand tour! only problem is, I won't be on a GS, a Suzuki DRZ, hope this is ok with you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by billydrz View Post
    No Worries Stu, if you let me know the dates I will happily give you the grand tour! only problem is, I won't be on a GS, a Suzuki DRZ, hope this is ok with you guys?

First off, welcome aboard. Thanks for getting in touch, if you can resurrect this project then I think you'll get some takers.

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Quote Originally Posted by billydrz View Post

Sounds awesome count me in please....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast