Langdale Quest

I know most of the lanes around that area so if Langdale Quest are still having problems before June let me know and I can either lead a ride out for you or mark a map up if you'd prefer. It would be a shame to miss out because there is some great green lanes in that area, all GS'able as well as plenty of other things to see and do.

Paul

HI GUYS I UNDERSTAND FROM A FRIEND OF MINE INTO GREEN LANING THAT LANGDALE QUEST IS NO MORE. SORRY NOT CONFIRMED BUT GOOD SOURCE SO NO REASON TO DOUBT INFO.

Hi Guys i just joined the group, hope the weekend goes ahead i would like to join you. If Langdale Quest has closed, its a shame but not the end of the world, there is lots to see and do around this area, not to mention some great roads and views.:drool
I will watch this space and count me in whatever you decide to do!
Mike

Can we keep this thread going guys? There seems to be mounting interest in the original idea, and even if the company have gone belly up there are a number of people on this site with good knowledge of the area who could lead a ride. I know Hull Traily and Johnny Boxer, to name only two, have good knowledge of the lanes, so the plan could still go ahead. Just need to get them on board.

You all healed now HT?

Can we keep this thread going guys? There seems to be mounting interest in the original idea, and even if the company have gone belly up there are a number of people on this site with good knowledge of the area who could lead a ride. I know Hull Traily and Johnny Boxer, to name only two, have good knowledge of the lanes, so the plan could still go ahead. Just need to get them on board.

sounds like a good idea.....:thumb

I have tried to contact Langdale quest but to no avail.I have spoken with Lord Derwent and he confirmed that the talk is that they have ceased trading.
I would be up for still having a get together and ride round but my only problem is that I cannot get over that area to find roads to do,but if someone local is willing to do some recce work then I have no problem going ahead with it.
Just a shame its gone tits up!

I have a good knowledge of the lanes in Yorkshire Moors and Dales, plus the Malton/Driffield (Yorkshire Wolds) area and would pitch in, if needed (subject to availability on any said dates)

I used to work at langdale quest as their trail bike guide and also quad instructor, I can confirm that the owner of Langdale Quest has done a runner and the business is no longer operational. If any of you are interested, I could lead a ride out as I know all the legal off road routes in the North Yorkshire National Park, including the route you were proposing to take. If you are interested post a reply. Cheers.:)

Hi Billy

The wife and I are certainly interested. We have sent a deposit off for our accomodation, so will be going that weekend regardless.

If you are prepared to lead the way that would be fantastic.

Stu

No Worries Stu, if you let me know the dates I will happily give you the grand tour! only problem is, I won't be on a GS, a Suzuki DRZ, hope this is ok with you guys?

No Worries Stu, if you let me know the dates I will happily give you the grand tour! only problem is, I won't be on a GS, a Suzuki DRZ, hope this is ok with you guys?

First off, welcome aboard. Thanks for getting in touch, if you can resurrect this project then I think you'll get some takers.

I'm in as well. If any of the local guys have the routes on a GPS I could download and use it to help out.

Billy, I think you have a few takers for your offer. The main run out will be on the Saturday, 13th June, starting from Levisham.

I don't think that it matters what you are riding, if you are OK sticking to lanes that a GS can cope with I know I will be very happy.

I don't know whether anyone will be wanting to ride out again on the Sunday, we will be riding back home in the afternoon.

Thanks again for your offer of assistance.

Stu

Room for one more?

Count me in for this one if there is still room, not sure if I'll make the whole weekend but I'll be there Friday and Saturday for sure.

Cheers all!

Count me in if space is avalible,pleasure to grt over to that part of country again.

Back
Top Bottom