"Daddy Long Legs GSADV"

I wouldn't rush to do anything at the moment. It may be that the GSA is too tall for you, or you may grow into it as many peeps on the site will testify. Take time to assess the options, and perhaps you might consider the GS as an alternative. Not so rugged looking etc etc, but a wonderful bike, and with the low seat getting the foot down shouldn't be a problem.

Large Derek was requesting 'lower' footpegs, now surely those rubber dubries will actually raise the said fotpegs !!

Hi yes the chap selling them say's will increase by 1cm but if it stops me sticking to the spikes like super glue I thought I would give it a go? For £15.00 I think it's worth a try. Yes I am still struggling got a 2007 stock seat on now which for some reason is better than my 2007 re worked lower seat "Something to do with Legs wider apart.

I was told by Pidcocks of Notts that the 2008 ADV has a different profile inside the seat and as it happens I have a good pal who wants to swap his 2008 seat "same clolour too for my 2007 lowered seat so thats all in hand in the post!

After asking dealers re accessories I have sat down last night and decided to throw some more dosh at it ordering all kinds of things, Including a Mudsling etc. I will grind the pegs as a last resort like Steve says, On a USA site I have come across a lowering kit too see

http://www.suburban-machinery.com/R1200GS.html

Been out today on the Daddy Long Legs! and touch wood as I hold my head! I was fine apart from the height still feet were in my summer boots though not my new Daytona's as they stick to easy! But I am not giving up yet.. I like all the idea's and help it's cool..

I have a GS1200 BMW rack I have just taken off with sides and I guess I will get it on the FOR SALE Board? I hope. Looking for a good flat soft bag that is for GS R1200ADV rack rear if anyone knows? and also those BMW emblems that go in the frame "where the devil do you get them? Cant find any Genuine BMW accessories sites ?

I will either sort it or sell it ! But I love trying.....:thumb2

Cheers

Big D

Back
Top Bottom