Change Of Heart and Venue

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date

Deleted account rno

I'm really glad that HRH has started the wheels in motion for this event.

I told Paul BHT last week that I wouldn't be hosting Gathering of the Clans 2009 but as soon as Johnny started this idea about Ullapool, I got all excited at the prospect of another cracking weekend hosted by the Scottish Section.

I had every intention of running a final year at Glen Clova but recent events put paid to that idea. We'll definitely return to the Glen Clova Hotel some time in the future but Ullapool will make a great change of venue.

I've spoken to Johnny (HRH) at length about GOTC 2009 and I'm really looking forward to helping him out.

See yous next June :beerjug:

Ronno

We'll need tae relay everything through Stumpy, as the wan that looks like Spongebob squarepants upstairs isnae talkin tae us fae whit I heard:D

Robmack said he'd make the sandwich's:clap

Well done Ronno it would not be the same without you:thumb

Ullapool? Could you not have picked somewhere even further North?

Like Lerwick :D

Torn now between YOU and PROFF :confused:

Shep says I must go to THE SKYE event, is this a go`er and am I welcome ?

We're much better lookin' than Proff.

Of course you're welcome. Make sure you bring yer wallet to buy us a drink :beerjug:

We're much better lookin' than Proff.

Of course you're welcome. Make sure you bring yer wallet to buy us a drink :beerjug:

And Donuts:D

Garfield and I are no strangers to a Donut:eek:

Torn now between YOU and PROFF :confused:

Shep says I must go to THE SKYE event, is this a go`er and am I welcome ?

Skye is on the back burner might still happen but looking for an alternative site :thumb

Bakerman the door is always open all year round:thumb

Just bring a bottle:beerjug:

Professional Donut eater (retd)

This event sounds good and the roads round Ullapool are ace. Count mein, I shall have my ADV by then!

Ullapool? Could you not have picked somewhere even further North?

Like Lerwick :D

Muckle Flugga?

Be a bugger getting the tentpegs in......but we could get hammered on Valhalla Beers in the Baltasound Hotel.

Maybe one day, eh?:bounce1

Attachments

• images[4].jpg
    images[4].jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 470
Just a radical idea but now the EU has ruled that ferries much charge a road equivalent rate, the likes of Lewis and Harris are much cheaper, circa £30. I don't know if that is of interest?

Just a radical idea but now the EU has ruled that ferries much charge a road equivalent rate, the likes of Lewis and Harris are much cheaper, circa £30. I don't know if that is of interest?

Hi Jocks, I'm not sure what you mean, mate. Interest in what way? Hosting an event on Lewis or Harris or attracting folk (are there any GSers there?) from the islands to attend the Ullapool Clans event?

A Gathering of the Clans style event on the Hebriddes is a non starter IMO as the distances are too great for most folk to attend for a weekend.

It certainly opens up the isles for folk on tours though. :thumb2

Just a radical idea but now the EU has ruled that ferries must charge a road equivalent rate, the likes of Lewis and Harris are much cheaper, circa £30. I don't know if that is of interest?

Yep, just checked it out and a motorcycle with two passengers is £65 return, Ullapool to Stornoway. Some of the finest country in the world out there and they are used to handling groups due to the surfing competitions.

Yep, just checked it out and a motorcycle with two passengers is £65 return, Ullapool to Stornoway. Some of the finest country in the world out there and they are used to handling groups due to the surfing competitions.

Are you meaning for a day trip from GOTC 2009? It's a return crossing of almost 6 hours. It might appeal to some hardy souls but not me I'm afraid. An overnight stay on the island kind of defeats the purpose of hosting the event in Ullapool.

I do fancy visiting Stornoway at some point though. A good mate of mine (sadly long gone) had family from Shawbost and I've always wanted to visit there.

Jocks, are you putting your name down for Ullapool or simply pointing out the ferry deals? You'd be welcome to come and see how many eejits there are on UKGSer :D

Jocks, are you putting your name down for Ullapool or simply pointing out the ferry deals? You'd be welcome to come and see how many eejits there are on UKGSer :D

I'm just playing with some ideas. I recently got myself a 1150GSA and I'm keen to contribute to the cause! I enjoyed the pictures from the event this year in The Glen Clova hotel - that is a place I have visited many times.:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom