Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Road ride out

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Road ride out

Spoke to Proff today about the workshop. It appears that some people would rather go out for a gentle bimble around Dartmoor and other parts of Devon rather than watch him servicing an airhead. Strange people, but then it takes all sorts.

I've agreed to lead a gentle ride around the area. We can take in the ring road around Oakhampton Camp which will allow some very mild off-road for those that want to detour. There are also an optional couple of small fords to cross but obviously this will depend on the level of rainfall in the weeks before. We can then rumble down through the middle of Dartmoor even stopping at the infamous Princetown where it is almost guaranteed to be overcast or raining even in June.

Obviously, I had to get myself an airhead to be able to do this. I just happened to know of an old git who needed to clear out his scrapyard to make room for all the tossers due next June. It will take him 6 months to clear that lot out. Obtained an 1980 R80/7 that should be back on the road shortly. Might even remember to pay him for it one day.

I promised him I would restore it to its former glory and I wouldn't dream of painting it in loud colours and turning it into a half way g/s. Watch this space.

Trippy
    I'm up for that. Leave 10ish, lunch somewhere nice and back by 3 at the latest to have a beer at the workshop and take the p*ss out of Proff

Add me to the bimble list

Thrower of cats at pigeons Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Add me to the bimble list

Jill wants to learn how to service the bike, so I might leave her to it and come along with you guys.

Val.
    You know!?, it's the people who live in the land that always seem to make it more beautiful than it already appears.

I'm up for a bimble as well

(There can't be much left to do on the Airhead judging by what its cost me to date ).

Bob.
    The BMW R100GS - Truly Unstoppable

Trippy
    Who the f*cks Crapaud?

Bring back Sid

25 Mar 1949 - 10 Nov 2016 Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Crapaud = French for TOAD which is what Jersey folk are referred to by the Frogs..
    Same as Donkeys = Guernsey folk
    Cavemen = Alderney weirdos

Crapaud pronounced " Crap oh"

As the old one explained, it is french for toad and is the traditional term for a Jerseyman of which I am one.

One of my ancestors was one of the 20 Knights who went with William, Duke of Normandy, in 1066 and beat Arthur to claim the crown of England. So remember that we (Jerseymen) own England, not the other way round.

Just got a letter from tax authorities confirmning my non-domicile status and nice refund of UK tax paid on Jersey based income so feeling very flush at moment.

Trippy
    Nice long track just off the A30, ripe for all abilities and Airheads.

Thrower of cats at pigeons Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippy View Post
    Nice long track just off the A30, ripe for all abilities and Airheads.

I like the look of concentration

"Have I got that bloody great rock in focus? This'll sort the men from the boys"

Val.
    You know!?, it's the people who live in the land that always seem to make it more beautiful than it already appears.

Trippy
    Been looking at an OS map and Google and there appears to be a few tracks in the area that maybe worth
    checking out one day in the next few weeks.

Would everyone going out for the ride be happy to tackle a few gentle tracks?

Quote Originally Posted by Trippy View Post
    Would everyone going out for the ride be happy to tackle a few gentle tracks?
    +1

(Providing the bike will get me back to Scotland afterwards . . . ).

Bob.
    The BMW R100GS - Truly Unstoppable

Trippy
    The plan for the ride is leave about 1030am, an hour at a cafe for lunch and back to Sids by 3pm for a beer.

100 mile with some very gentle off road tracks and a blast across the moor dodging sheep.

I'll go and have a recce and sort a route out over the next few weeks.

Trippy
    Edit: There will always be short detours avalaible for anyone not wanting to go up a track and a few fag and tea stops

So far I believe we are -

Trippy
    Thunder
    Voyager
    Val H

Trustworthy Scouser AND
    Toxteth scouser, made good ..now hiding on the Wirral
    If my back is all OK by then ....I'm up for it
    Remember, we are only here for a good time, not a long time !

Trippy

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Great

Trippy
    Thunder
    Voyager
    Val H
    Kenny

Ooh I do like a list

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast