Road ride out

Crapaud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Spoke to Proff today about the workshop. It appears that some people would rather go out for a gentle bimble around Dartmoor and other parts of Devon rather than watch him servicing an airhead. Strange people, but then it takes all sorts.:blast

I've agreed to lead a gentle ride around the area. We can take in the ring road around Oakhampton Camp which will allow some very mild off-road for those that want to detour. There are also an optional couple of small fords to cross but obviously this will depend on the level of rainfall in the weeks before. We can then rumble down through the middle of Dartmoor even stopping at the infamous Princetown where it is almost guaranteed to be overcast or raining even in June.

Obviously, I had to get myself an airhead to be able to do this. I just happened to know of an old git who needed to clear out his scrapyard to make room for all the tossers due next June. It will take him 6 months to clear that lot out. Obtained an 1980 R80/7 that should be back on the road shortly. Might even remember to pay him for it one day.

I promised him I would restore it to its former glory and I wouldn't dream of painting it in loud colours and turning it into a half way g/s. Watch this space.:D

I'm up for that. Leave 10ish, lunch somewhere nice and back by 3 at the latest to have a beer at the workshop and take the p*ss out of Proff

I'm up for a bimble as well :thumb2

(There can't be much left to do on the Airhead judging by what its cost me to date :blast ).

Bob.

Crapaud = French for TOAD which is what Jersey folk are referred to by the Frogs..
Same as Donkeys = Guernsey folk
Cavemen = Alderney weirdos

Crapaud pronounced " Crap oh"

As the old one explained, it is french for toad and is the traditional term for a Jerseyman of which I am one.

One of my ancestors was one of the 20 Knights who went with William, Duke of Normandy, in 1066 and beat Arthur to claim the crown of England. So remember that we (Jerseymen) own England, not the other way round.

Just got a letter from tax authorities confirmning my non-domicile status and nice refund of UK tax paid on Jersey based income so feeling very flush at moment.:D

Nice long track just off the A30, ripe for all abilities and Airheads.

Basic009-4.jpg

Nice long track just off the A30, ripe for all abilities and Airheads.

Basic009-4.jpg

I like the look of concentration :D

"Have I got that bloody great rock in focus? This'll sort the men from the boys"

;) Val.

Been looking at an OS map and Google and there appears to be a few tracks in the area that maybe worth
checking out one day in the next few weeks.

Would everyone going out for the ride be happy to tackle a few gentle tracks?

The plan for the ride is leave about 1030am, an hour at a cafe for lunch and back to Sids by 3pm for a beer.

100 mile with some very gentle off road tracks and a blast across the moor dodging sheep.

I'll go and have a recce and sort a route out over the next few weeks.

Edit: There will always be short detours avalaible for anyone not wanting to go up a track and a few fag and tea stops:thumb2

So far I believe we are -

Trippy
Thunder
Voyager
Val H

I'll either join this run as tail end charlie or if numbers are bigger, I'll lead another run. :)

If you're getting out and about, so am I :)

:blast Who's doing the workshop bit then? :nenau

Trippy,

I'll be fitting TKC's ready for The Llangollen weekend. So I'll be on a bike that can be used off road (within the limitations of the reduced ground clearance on the 100GS) though it might not actually be the Airhead :augie As Jill might be happily pulling that apart under the watchful eye of the resident expert :eek:

But it's ok. I have an AA card :p

Val.

Back
Top Bottom