Calum's Road is a goer

Isle of Raasay to Birmingham 469 miles

Birmingham to Folkestone 169 miles

Calais to Bordeaux 538 miles

Bordeaux to Salamanca 429 miles

Salamanca to Algericas 399 miles
Anyone know good stops on this route and somewhere we could change tyres at the arse end of Spain

Or just ride from 9 to 5 and stop when we find somewhere to stay
ride 6 days and then have a day off :beer:
What do you think
Plymouth to Bilbao is 35hrs on the ferry,rough cost £210 not something I could do :barf
That gives 2 weeks to get to Gambia from Morocco and back up to Dakar

Anyone know somewhere we could change tyres at the arse end of Spain

There's a BMW dealership in Malaga - not used them though. We used a non-official BMW place, but I can't find the details for it at the mo :(

Or just ride from 9 to 5 and stop when we find somewhere to stay[/QUOTE]
:thumb it's what we did and never really struggled to find somewhere.

However, a group of 10 may start to cause problems at the smaller places.

Also very interested in this
I have just had a chat with Thunder
I'l send you a pm H.R.H:D

Isle of Raasay to Birmingham 469 miles

Birmingham to Folkestone 169 miles

Calais to Bordeaux 538 miles

Bordeaux to Salamanca 429 miles

Salamanca to Algericas 399 miles
Anyone know good stops on this route and somewhere we could change tyres at the arse end of Spain

Or just ride from 9 to 5 and stop when we find somewhere to stay
ride 6 days and then have a day off :beer:
What do you think
Plymouth to Bilbao is 35hrs on the ferry,rough cost £210 not something I could do :barf
That gives 2 weeks to get to Gambia from Morocco and back up to Dakar

My personal preference is the ride 9 to 5 option, gives you more flexability especially with the potential UK weather conditions. :augie

Plymouth to Santander is more like 20 hours - just one night on the boat, leave at 4pm arrive 12pm next day, but it can get rough so if you suffer from sea sickness badly then it might not be a good option.

If I come I would prefer to keep everything flexible - I would not like to feel pressured in riding in shitty conditions to get to a specific hotel, but it does depend on the numbers going.

I've got a wee 610 mile ride just to get to the start :blast

Plymouth to Santander is more like 20 hours - just one night on the boat, leave at 4pm arrive 12pm next day, but it can get rough so if you suffer from sea sickness badly then it might not be a good option.

If I come I would prefer to keep everything flexible - I would not like to feel pressured in riding in shitty conditions to get to a specific hotel, but it does depend on the numbers going.

I've got a wee 610 mile ride just to get to the start :blast

Santander ferry disney run that time of year

The start doesn't really matter it's the finish that does so anyone thats wants to meet up on the way down thats fine:thumb2
Plus we could all doss at your hoose on the way down:D

Santander ferry disney run that time of year

The start doesn't really matter it's the finish that does so anyone thats wants to meet up on the way down thats fine:thumb2
Plus we could all doss at your hoose on the way down:D

If I am going to do it I will do the whole thing!!

Reading could be a stop over, but my mum's could be better - just an hour from the Chunnel and she will do a mean fry up in the morning:thumb

Reading could be a stop over, but my mum's could be better - just an hour from the Chunnel and she will do a mean fry up in the morning:thumb

I have a similar view, looking at the logitics it's easier to pop one of the Irish Ferries to France and meet up somewhere but then it would not be Calum's Road to Calum's Road so my first thoughts are to head for Scotia on the Wednesday and make my way up to Raasay for a Thursday night stop over and then hit the road Friday.

Stick me down in the 9 to 5 riding day camp btw :thumb

That's what I thought:D:thumb2

If it's good enough for Ewbies Mum it's good enough for yours I'll bring a Stornoway black pudding:D

That's what I thought:D:thumb2

If it's good enough for Ewbies Mum it's good enough for yours I'll bring a Stornoway black pudding:D

You thought it would be a good idea to stop over at my mum's???????? You know where she lives???????????

Daddy???????????

:D

:thumb2

Yip, probably gonna be paying for this for the next 10 years, but I promised to pay for my darling wife and kids to 'do' Florida in the middle of our Gambia trip. But it was the best deal on offer at the time!

Oh... and 2 announcements

1. Welcome to MasterBaker, our newest member

2. Happy Birthday HRH Oonyack... you being a whole day younger than me and all that!

Some barsteard planted a seed!!!

Support vehicle??? Hmm a 3 wheeled one???

AS they used to say in the "Red Alert" Game

"I'm on it!"

Welcome brother Jay!

I think Rommell's men might have been the last dudes to ride a German 3 wheeler across the desert in Africa..................

You and your wee baby up for the role as support vehicle? You'd need to be a wee bit :pullface, but we may well need an experienced Techie....

Back
Top Bottom