Calum's Road is a goer

From Calums rd Isle of Raasay to Calums rd in Gambia
3/4 weeks bikes shipped back and fly home.

The only thing set in stone is that you raise 2k for the charity, how you do that is up to you.

How does the 8th of January 2010 sound? Limit 10 peeps for container but if anyone else wants to come and find there own way back bring it on. :beerjug:

Oh there will be a Ceilidh at the end
pipe.gif
:beer::thumb

Names
Me
Betty Swallocks tbc
Betty's britherinlaw tbc
David James tbc
Thunder tbc

I know nothing about the highlands and islands, so I bought the book, following your post. What an incredible story.

I have asked my employer, HSBC, if they will agree to my taking the time off and if they will make a donation. It's a serious request as HSBC will sometimes match the money an individual employee raises, if they think the cause worthwhile.

I will let you know what they say on both counts.

If nothing else, put me down for a £25 donation.

Richard

I know nothing about the highlands and islands, so I bought the book, following your post. What an incredible story.

I have asked my employer, HSBC, if they will agree to my taking the time off and if they will make a donation. It's a serious request as HSBC will sometimes match the money an individual employee raises, if they think the cause worthwhile.

I will let you know what they say on both counts.

If nothing else, put me down for a £25 donation.

Richard

:clap I am in a similar situation, just waiting for my managment to come over here so I can ask in person.

Fingers crossed for both of you with your management negotiations :thumb2

Provisional response is a yes... Subject to the usual big company corporate wiffle-waffle, sign-off by multiple mandarins etc. etc. It's going up the tree next week but early jungle noises are looking good....

HSBC (subject to terms blah, blah, blah) it seems will match employees' approved charity efforts, for an amount up to £500. It's free to fill in the request, so I have done it. Fingers crossed they will come up with something.......USD 25,000,000,000 of annual profit should be good for something, after all.

I have though secured an initial £100 of sponsorship from my boss.... So he obviously thinks I'm going to be going.... £1,900 to go ..... Now to find a suitable collection bowl to rattle under my long suffering colleagues' noses. After the nunber of kids' readathons and mile swims I have chipped in for over the years, some of them owe me a small fortune......

Provisional response is a yes... Subject to the usual big company corporate wiffle-waffle, sign-off by multiple mandarins etc. etc. It's going up the tree next week but early jungle noises are looking good....

HSBC (subject to terms blah, blah, blah) it seems will match employees' approved charity efforts, for an amount up to £500. It's free to fill in the request, so I have done it. Fingers crossed they will come up with something.......USD 25,000,000,000 of annual profit should be good for something, after all.

I have though secured an initial £100 of sponsorship from my boss.... So he obviously thinks I'm going to be going.... £1,900 to go ..... Now to find a suitable collection bowl to rattle under my long suffering colleagues' noses. After the nunber of kids' readathons and mile swims I have chipped in for over the years, some of them owe me a small fortune......

Great news (you lucky barsteward!!!) :clap

this is great news at least i wont be stuck on me own with that scittish git :scot

and just to set things straight i,m not waiting for roger :D

A wee look at where you start:)

Watch out for the flying pigs boys

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JLRTBs2iC1w&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JLRTBs2iC1w&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

Extreamly off topic, but everytime I see the title of this thread I think my son Callum's gone and bought a 70's two stroke :blast

I got the book as an early Christmas present on Monday night and am nearly finished it, such a fascinating story.

That clip is a great find Tuned ain't You Tube wonderful :thumb2

I think I saw some gravel on a corner though :eek::D

I got the book as an early Christmas present on Monday night and am nearly finished it, such a fascinating story.

That clip is a great find Tuned ain't You Tube wonderful :thumb2

I think I saw some gravel on a corner though :eek::D

I am half way through it too :thumb2 I have also just finished the Scooters in the Sahara book, I strongly recommend reading it. It gives a good insight into the challenges of travelling as a large group, but also the rewards to be had when we complete the journey.

That road sign.................did they know the 1150's were coming?

:hide

I am half way through it too :thumb2 I have also just finished the Scooters in the Sahara book, I strongly recommend reading it. It gives a good insight into the challenges of travelling as a large group, but also the rewards to be had when we complete the journey.

That road sign.................did they know the 1150's were coming?

:hide

I've read the Scooters book before but your right it's a good resource so I shall dust it off and get my head into it asap. :thumb2

Loved the description in the Preface of Calum's Road of the telegraph pole on the shoulder interview.

Started reading the book last night and am really into it now. Last book I read was a couple of years ago, so, this is a big deal for me ......

Enjoyed the you tube video :thumb2

Good morning gents..........

......just got off the phone to Johnny.

I'm pleased to say that you're gonna be lumbered with me on the trip as I am now a defo. :)

You won't believe how feckin' excited I am :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1
(actually, if you're going you probably will, but, you know what I mean :thumb)

Andres

......just got off the phone to Johnny.

I'm pleased to say that you're gonna be lumbered with me on the trip as I am now a defo. :)

You won't believe how feckin' excited I am :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1
(actually, if you're going you probably will, but, you know what I mean :thumb)

Andres

I can believe it, as for being lumbered you do know that's a 2 way street! :augie

:pullface:pullface:pullface

So it would seem on the name front we currently have:

H.R.H Oonyack
Betty Swallocks
Masterbaker (Betty's britherinlaw)
David James tbc
Wapping tbc
Thunder
Flash of the Gap
Ottomunch
Dazz

Any more for the Skylark? :thumb2

H.R.H Oonyack
Betty Swallocks
David James tbc
Wapping tbc
Thunder
Flash of the Gap
Outtomunch
Dazz
MacWong

Wapping told me something on Saturday night but ah cannae remember noo:drinkinpa

*edit* :blast
Sorry Andres welcome aboard :beerjug::clap

H.R.H Oonyack
Betty Swallocks
David James tbc
Wapping tbc
Thunder
Flash of the Gap
Outtomunch
Dazz
MacWong