Sidi Courier's........

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Managed to pick up a pair of these from the BMW Club mag,for £100 ............unwanted Xmas present and brand new..... never worn............pretty good deal.

However the Freidax brochure arrived over w/end with Bike mag and browsing through it.............they say the Courier's have a breathable membrane............but don't say whether they're waterproof.............

So chaps.................is it a breathable membrane.............to keep your feet cool in summer....................OR a breathable membrane which is waterproof...................to keep your feet dry in wet weather.............

They are same as Sidi Trial...........except that the Trial boots are red/black and describe the membrane............without describing it's properties...............

So seems like I've struck lucky with a cheap pair of new Trials boots and if I don't want to wear them for riding the Yamaha Majesty twinshock................I can always maybe use them on the GS................

um mine were definately not 100% waterproof. But that was a few years ago (1996). Sorry not to have better info Johnny, But I can say they were the best boots I ever had until some deranged pervert stole them when they had five years worth of London commuting under their belts. Sick or what?

Paragon said:
I've got some - had about 4 hours in the rain about 3 weeks ago - didn't let water in but I've Niwaxed them.

Only problem I have is I cannot feel the back brake pedal in them.

Para
sit in the front seat then!

Sidi Couriers

Mine are waterproof.They have just stood up to a weekend of wallowing around in the mud at the Dragon Rally with no problems.As for them being breathable I really can't tell.They don't seem sweaty but then they are my winter boots.

SIDI COURIERS

Jonny,

When I bought mine the dealer pointed out that they are not waterproof due to the stitched on sole and the manufacturer does not claim the boot is waterproof.

Although mine only leak slightly in heavy rain for prolonged periods of time. I`ve had mine 2.5years and think they`re great. They also soften up in time.

17 year old Gearne M/cross Boots

A 1987, trip to Scotland, was their first outing.
I have worn 'em to death, ever since. They refuse to die.

I was at the "Ring" when a wealthy, R1 ridding pal, said," Is that the best you can do?" Horrified by my old boots.

What a tribute......!

Everytime, I go to replace them, I wonder why.

New boots of this type are hard work.:)

Great value boots, I've been using mine for road, trail and enduro riding, only time I've had a noticable leak was when I stopped in a thigh deep puddle and water came over the top of boot. But once it was in it stayed so I guess their pretty water proof one way or another!

Breathable Membrane....

...is another way of saying not Gore-Tex

I've got some couriers too. I bought them on the understanding that they were waterproof. I haven't had any trouble with wet yet and I found them pretty comfortable from the off.

Back
Top Bottom