Speaking of stubby exhausts...

JodaMike

Does anyone have any experience of fitting a stub straight off the cat on an 1150gs and if so, can you please advise of side effects and suppliers of said stub? Any thoughts on the whole subject would be much appreciated.

Search is your friend as is Bryn.
I'm 100% satisfied, lighter, nicer noise, maybe a touch more midrange

Does anyone have any experience of fitting a stub straight off the cat on an 1150gs and if so, can you please advise of side effects and suppliers of said stub? Any thoughts on the whole subject would be much appreciated.

Good timing, I have literally just fitted mine tonight! Onto a R1150GS (2001) So far, sounds nice:thumb Won't know much else on how things have changed until tomorrow on my ride out.

did 4500 miles in 12 days on a bryn stubby and gutted cat, all ok, i think my y piece and remus ran a bit better but you can have a full size pannier on the r/h side,
ran better than the standard silencer

Did mine about 2 yrs ago now. 1150GS 00. Still got standard cat, just ditched the silencer. Sounds better, is lighter and just 'feels' a bit more responsive. Still get around 220 miles on average to a tank. It definately sounds meatier and turns head's so I know they can hear me, good when filtering and I get the occasional pop now and again:augie. I've never been one for throaty exhausts etc, but this mod is worthwhile. Cost me a fiver for a little stubby from local car spare place. Try it, it's easy enough to put the silencer back on again if you want to. Oh, and it's passed the mot twice without a mention:thumb2

did 4500 miles in 12 days on a bryn stubby and gutted cat, all ok, i think my y piece and remus ran a bit better but you can have a full size pannier on the r/h side,

Thanks, I was wondering about that, I ran without the can, but had to gut the cat (the turd had broken loose) I have not tried it no can plus gutted.

Welsh :cool:

mine had the top cut off and the top of the cat removed, wasnt evan as noisey as my remus

Thanks for the replies and advice. Bryn, if you're there, can you supply? If so please call 07785 730966

cat gutting

Hi Digger,
don't mean to hi-jack the thread, but in general terms, how did you "de-gut" your cat please ?:kitty Will be fitting a stubby shortly, and curious as to why you might want to do this,(de-gutt)- does it make cat more noisy, and does it affect the fuel mapping/mixture in any way. Also, does de-gutting save on weight?

cheers
Roger

Back
Top Bottom