I'm all better now

wully

Reaction score
This is the first bike I bought after not riding for 11 years.

Unusually for me I took advice and bought something slow so that I wouldn't kill myself after such a long lay off.

oldHarley.jpg

There wasn't really any danger from riding this particular bike- I spent most of time when out on it walking back down the road to collect the bits that fell off- like the gear lever,mirrors, clutch lever,rear shocks mounting bolts. I also got to meet a load of bikers who'd stop by to see if I was OK...

So, since I couldn't really ride it anywhere I decided to tart it up a bit and stuck on a belt drive conversion kit while I was about it.

Harley.jpg

And once I'd lock-tighted the thing back together and gone for a run- only having to put the headlight back together after it spewed it's insides out on the motorway- I realised that this bike wasn't for me.

A test ride on a Dyna Glide Sport confirmed that I'd really like a bike that went round corners and could stop in a reasonable distance without scaring the shit out of me so I got rid of the Sportster and bought a TDM:mmmm

I did enjoy the Harley in a masochistic way:ymca But don't miss having to clean, polish and rebuild it constantly....

I did sound GOOOOOD though.

Back
Top Bottom