5 days in Wales in May from B

Sukram

Reaction score
Hello together,
Aim from Belgium
Next year I have plant to ride 5 days in Wales in May.
You cut send me information where to ride and to stay
I do not like big road an off road (mud)
On a day I will do 250km depending what is to see
Best regards
Markus

OK Dude.
Put some of these into google.com and take a look:-

Elan Valley
Pembrokeshire
Snowdonia
Aberysthwyth
Brecon Beacons
Powys
Gwynnedd
Carmarthenshire

Have a look round and tell us what your preferences are....

Timpo.

Have you got e-mail and Mapsource? If you have I could send you a Mapsource file with my favourite roads on. :thumb2

OK Dude.
Put some of these into google.com and take a look:-

Elan Valley
Pembrokeshire
Snowdonia
Aberysthwyth
Brecon Beacons
Powys
Gwynnedd
Carmarthenshire

Have a look round and tell us what your preferences are....

Timpo.

Brecon is not bad, to go arround
i had visit the area around Brynmawr in the past,
Crickhovell and Y-fenni

Have you got e-mail and Mapsource? If you have I could send you a Mapsource file with my favourite roads on. :thumb2

yes i have, how to send to you without to send to everibody?:augie
thanks in advance

Hey Taff, could you post the file here so we can all see? It looks like subscribed tossers can attach GPX or ZIP files to a message (Manage Attachments button below).

I'd like to see too... :augie

Rob

yes i have, how to send to you without to send to everibody?:augie thanks in advance
You can't PM anyone as you're not a subscriber yet. Just e-mail me at dustybiker at hotmail.co.uk - obviously you remove the gaps. :thumb

Hey Taff, could you post the file here so we can all see? It looks like subscribed tossers can attach GPX or ZIP files to a message (Manage Attachments button below). I'd like to see too... :augie
I don't see why not - they're all public roads and it's not as if they're a closely guarded secret, just roads I've ridde and enjoyed. The only problem is that the file is too big to upload on here. :(

Your file of 263.0 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 151.4 KB for this filetype.
If you PM me your address, I'll e-mail it to you as well.

info about Newport

Planing is 90% finish, thanks for help
nice roads and hotels
but i need some info about Newport 1day ariving from Dover
stupid question, is it save there?? i have heard some rumors not to stay there?
where to stay with the bike? and my wife:augie

Do you mean Newport, Gwent - as in first big town off M4 after bridge?

Why would you want to stay there? It's not especially unsafe, but certainly Wales has better.

What is your budget per night?

Near Newport there is Caerleon (Roman ruins and museum) and Usk. Road Caerleon to Usk is good biking road.

Or make it up to Abergavenny or Crickhowell and you are ready for the morning's riding.

Planing is 90% finish, thanks for help
nice roads and hotels
but i need some info about Newport 1day ariving from Dover
stupid question, is it save there?? i have heard some rumors not to stay there?
where to stay with the bike? and my wife:augie

Newport is an easy ride from Dover, (about 360kms), but why not ride an extra 80kms and head for Swansea? It's a much better base for touring, close to the sea, at the end of the Swansea Valley that will take you to Brecon and on to Mid-Wales and close to the beautiful West Wales coast too.

Do you mean Newport, Gwent - as in first big town off M4 after bridge?

Why would you want to stay there? It's not especially unsafe, but certainly Wales has better.

What is your budget per night?

Near Newport there is Caerleon (Roman ruins and museum) and Usk. Road Caerleon to Usk is good biking road.

Or make it up to Abergavenny or Crickhowell and you are ready for the morning's riding.
+1 totally agree

Haven't stayed in any of the towns but have stayed here http://www.thecastleinn.co.uk/contacts.htm nice food and rooms, only pub for miles and does realy good food. Very busy on the weekends with cyclists and walkers and the odd bike club :thumb

Swansea is nice, but I wouldn't buy a house there.

Try West Wales area Sukram, there are some wonderfull views and lots of nice campsites in the area, Take a look at the thread West wales weekend away, the camp site is called West hook farm Marloes.
Have a good one.
Big Al.

ok more details,
a have a nice hotel in Brecon for 3 days to go west, and nords
but for the 1. day i had an idear to stay directly after the bridge, and Newport is the 1.one.
Ok Brecon is very quiet,
so the idear whas, that my wife has the 1. day some choping place :)

If your there on the 9th, you could enter our rally.

do 750 km around Wales in a day - would give you a fair overview.:thumb

CliveMCC

ok more details,
a have a nice hotel in Brecon for 3 days to go west, and nords
but for the 1. day i had an idear to stay directly after the bridge, and Newport is the 1.one.
Ok Brecon is very quiet,
so the idear whas, that my wife has the 1. day some choping place :)

If its shopping she wants your probably better off in Cardiff which is only about 10 miles further West.

Good choice of hotels in the ciy centre and outside.

If your staying in any city be sure your bike is secure as there are little scrotes everywhere who will lift it for you.

If its shopping she wants your probably better off in Cardiff which is only about 10 miles further West.

Good choice of hotels in the ciy centre and outside.

If your staying in any city be sure your bike is secure as there are little scrotes everywhere who will lift it for you.

+1 :agree

Cardiff is a nice, fairly compact city with good shopping, (so I've been told!!!!), and your wife will like it!!!

Back
Top Bottom