G450X on a motocross track?

frogger

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a G450X as a second bike but I would love to be able to do enduro AND motorcross with it if possible. I had a Honda CRF450R a while ago which was great on the track but couldn't take it green laning without lots of changes.

Has anyone done any riding on a motocross track with their G450X? How does it compare to other proper crossers? Did you change anything - ie. suspension, tyres, removing lights, etc.

Any of the modern enduro pogo's would be fine for the odd MX event - I have ridden MX events in the past on a WRF 250 yam so the G450X should be fine :thumb2

BMW claim that its a full blown enduro weapon :augie Give it a go :thumb2 My mate still enters AMCA motorcross events on his XR400 honda and beats a lot of the all the gear no idea guys :D Funny as feck when he lines up along side them and they give him the once over on his tatty XR :D

speedbrain.de has MX parts, a front with no lights etc.

The suspension is ok, but must be harder setup then enduro.

I would change the gearing.
14-50 or so.

Had the pleasure of running in a G450X when they were first lauched around a motocross track. Was not disappointed at all, chewed up the standard road legal enduro tyre's pretty quickly tho as it was a hardpack track so it'd be a good idea to replace those with some proper MX tyre's suitable for whatever type of ground you'll be riding on (I run Meztler MC5's on my MX bike's and think they're a good allround tyre for sand or hardpack). I thought the suspension was a pretty good set-up for my 10 stone frame straight outta the box, coped well with breaking bumps front and rear and I was hitting all the jump's and clearing them as normal on my 250F. Might not be a bad idea to check out speedbrain as mentioned above and buy the front number board minus the light as if you get roosted then the headlamp may get busted! Would've geared it slightly better for more grunt out of tight turns as I found I was having to use 1st a lot more that i'd have liked! That aside just get ready for the usual arm pump as it's a brute to hold on to when you gas it outta the turns but you'll already know that from your CRF days!

Have fun and keep us posted on how you get on! Lot's of pictures please! :D

Mark :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom