It's a long way (back) to Tipperary

Aidan1150

Nice but unfortunate husband.
Mod Squad
Reaction score
welcome.jpg

14/15/16 August 2009 will see us make a return to the Glen of Aherlow in Tipperary for the Irish UKGSer summer weekend event.

The Glen of Aherlow, Tipperary’s most attractive and scenic holiday destination, is a lush valley where the River Aherlow runs between the Galtee Mountains and the wooded ridge of Slievenamuck. Bounded by the rural villages of Bansha and Galbally, the Glen was historically an important pass between Limerick and Tipperary.

home_splash1.jpg

We have a new venue for 2009, the Glen Hotel and a very competitive rate of €95 per person sharing for two nights B&B and an evening meal on the Saturday. That works out at only £80 pps sterling for the weekend!!!

Please note that all bookings should be made directly with the Glen Hotel on +353 62 56151. Please mention that you are on the UKGSer GS weekend.

For 2009 we will again be offering camping nearby for those of you who prefer this option. There is a very good campsite less than half a mile from the hotel. The campers last year were well pleased with the facilities on site. Link here.

The Glen of Aherlow Caravan & Camping Park is a modern, well appointed site. The rate for Tossers will be €10 per person per night. Unlike some other sites campers will not have to pay extra for showers, unlimited use of which is included in your pitch fee.

A kitchen, laundry room and games/TV room are all available to those campers using the campsite for the weekend.

Again, all bookings should be made directly with the campsite on +353 62 56555 stating that you are with the UKGSer GS weekend.

A full Irish breakfast for campers will be available in the hotel at €10 and the Saturday night dinner will cost €22 per person.

As usual Jockser and I will be leading a road ride on the Saturday. We also hope to have an off-road run for those who like it dirty.

We look forward to welcoming you to Tipperary.

i iz in :blast
just spoke to cormack and booked single room :clap:clap

:cool:
WayHay, here we go, here we go....

Get booking lads & ladettes, (oops, that should be lassies, shouldn't it :toungincheek)

It might be pertinent to point out that you might not make it back from the Kesh Weekend if you keep giving Herself a hard time.:augie

i will tell you a story!!!!!!! are you sitting comfy :D:D
i will begin-
once upon a time in a far distance land,when people did things for a time it was called general practice.
so seeing how mandynotsoliciousafterafewreds and myself have been naughty/sarcky/rude and generally taking the P too each other for a time.
The law of general practice must be honoured at all times.
so even though i risk life and limb, I'm game.:pullface ;)
and lets face it my limbs are shot so not much to loose :thumb

To help us guage numbers attending, can you please post here if you are coming to the event. Thanks. :)

I've just rang and booked myself a single room.

Going to pay a supplement on the quoted price for sharing but I don't mind :thumb

Since I finally have my "2 Second" tent perfected (down to 15 Minutes now:rolleyes:), I'll be CAMPING !! :bounce1:bounce1:bounce1

Yes indeed. :thumb2

It will come in handy for hedge trimming duties along the boreens. :D

yeh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we can strap mandyhegdecuttinglicious to the sidecar with a pair of shears :augie

Back
Top Bottom