It's a long way (back) to Tipperary

Wish it was sooner...........

About feckin time too. :D

Yeah, they were a bit slow to book,:eek I presume they're camping. :rolleyes:

I've been practising folding up that feckin tent .
smiley-channel_de_camping001.gif

I am hoping to attend again but can't comit at the moment as my sons grandmother has just been diagnosed with Panchriatic Cancer:( Others I have known who have suffered from this have passed away in a matter of 2-4 months and needed a fair bit of care towards the end so I will just see how things pan out for now.

AndyT

I am hoping to attend again but can't comit at the moment as my sons grandmother has just been diagnosed with Panchriatic Cancer:( Others I have known who have suffered from this have passed away in a matter of 2-4 months and needed a fair bit of care towards the end so I will just see how things pan out for now.

AndyT

Sorry to hear that. I hope she doesn't suffer and I'm sure she'll have great support.

AndyT

Sorry to hear that Andy. Like Peter I hope she doesn't suffer. :(

Just booked up with the Glen Hotel for me and her indoors, see you all there, cant wait!! :beerjug:

Cheers
Gary & Jools
GS12ADV & GS12

Long way back

Well I'm all booked just done it! and as usual will do my best to lower the tone! do they sell beer apart fom Guiness?.
Dave ( I hate christmas, but it will all be over by then!!!) GS Roll on 2010

Well I'm all booked just done it! and as usual will do my best to lower the tone! do they sell beer apart fom Guiness?.
Dave ( I hate christmas, but it will all be over by then!!!) GS Roll on 2010

Good man Dave, look forward to meeting you :beerjug:

:aidan

Long way to meet you!.

I'm looking forward to it mandy and I promise to laugh at all your jokes!!.
Dave ( I hate christmas )GS

Long way down opps! back!

I have never been to the Republic will be going from probably Fishgard any one tell me how long the ferry crossing is?. Have seen ad's on tv for it but never took any notice normally turn off the sound for ad's! just need some idea to sort out travel time.
many thanks,
Dave ( I hate christmas )gs.

dont know if this helps but if you book using Stenaline here http://www.stenaline.co.uk/mcn with the MCN on the end you can get a 20% on all crossings. It only applies to motorbikes but every little helps.

Regards

Phil

I have never been to the Republic will be going from probably Fishgard any one tell me how long the ferry crossing is?. Have seen ad's on tv for it but never took any notice normally turn off the sound for ad's! just need some idea to sort out travel time.

The HSS takes just two hours to make the crossing and the conventional ferry tales three and a half hours Dave.

HSS leaves Fishguard at 11-30am arriving at 1-30 pm
Ferry leaves at 2-30pm arriving at 6pm.

The run from Rosslare to Aherlow is about 100 miles. I can send you a route for your GPS if you wish.

Return ferries leave Rosslare at;

Ferry leaves Rosslare at 9am arriving at 1-30pm
HSS leaves at 3pm which gets you to Fishguard for 5pm.

Nutt Travel is the most popular agent for the discerning Tosser crossing the Irish Sea. Their prices are usually best, so it may be worth your while to give them a ring.

HTH

Ferrys

Thanks very much for the info, I think I may have got a couple of other tossers interested and make this a lomnger trip than the original solo visit!.
Any way will see you all in the bar on the Friday without fail whatever happens!!
Dave ( I hate christmas ) GS.

Last edited:
many thanks,
Dave ( I hate christmas )gs.

Don't forget to ask for the OAP's discount with Stena Dave - you won't need any ID !!!:rob

Aidan, -may well be joining Dave GS, just have to get my head in gear, and sort out dates etc - would be camping anyhow - we can show off our ARD cases panniers Aidan ?

rally,

Yes should be good now you'vwe fgot your new tool tube to put one of your spare fuel pumps in!! and I thought I'd get away for a bit of peace! never mind. Now just run along and play with your probe!.
Dave gs (oh yea, I hate christmas.)

Hi Guys, i would love to come over to Ireland for the weekend (might a week of it??) i would be camping tho (More money for beer!!) i will book with campsite in the Morning if there is still space.
If anyone else coming from Britain want to meet up at ferry port let me know.

Mike:beer:

Hi Guys, i would love to come over to Ireland for the weekend (might a week of it??) i would be camping tho (More money for beer!!) i will book with campsite in the Morning if there is still space.
If anyone else coming from Britain want to meet up at ferry port let me know.

Mike:beer:

Good man Mike, you will be more than welcome :thumb

See you there :beerjug:

:aidan

just to check because I'm confused....do I book direct with the campsite.....I don't know what I did if anything.....:blast

Back
Top Bottom