Dealership opening Cardiff Jan 09

Had an invite today in the post from Riders, about the new shop opening in Cardiff in January next year offering a BMW and Ducati dealership and full servicing facility's,
Sounds good but I'll be sticking with Mike in Cardiff thank you very much,:thumb2 His chockie bickies are a lot nicer too.:thumb:thumb

BMW Cardiff

My mates neighbour works for Riders in Bristol, and he told my mate BMW and Ducati are definatly coming to Cardiff next year, Harley got so P+ssed off waiting for the new shop to open and spat their dummie right out and told Riders to forget it......meanwhile I was on the Ducati stand at the NEC yesterday (wishing I could take a potion and make myself smaller) when I saw a UK map with all existing Ducati dealerships, also marked on the map were three new dealerships, and one was in............Cardiff............there I knew there was a point to this storey.

Had a long chat to someone on the BMW stand at NEC and this defn looks like a go-er:).
Great news for myself as were looking at buying 2 new F800gs in the new year and the riders shop is about 500metres away :) Been watching it being built for a while now but thought everything had gone tits up (riders sign had disappeared).

Steve

Janine and Mike, nice to see you last night and ewe have all our support and custom :thumb2 So be brave and all will be fine.
The curry House Posse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck to Riders

I think it's good news that we now have our own BMW Motorrad Dealership in Wales and I sincerely hope they provide a) great service b) at a competitive price and c) (importantly) engage us lot with Promotions / Incentives and reasons to visit and spend money with them......in this day and age they are showing some commitment to invest in anything that has wheels......Good Luck to them

(PS I dont think it will harm Mike as his level of service will always compete with main dealers in fact it will probably be good news for him as the numbers of used (out of warranty bikes) will increase in the area)

Cardiff Dealership

Does anyone have any idea when/or if it is going to open?

+3 Im with mike Top bloke,:thumb top servicing,:thumb and top Tea and chockie bickies:thumb and lots of helpfull tips while you'r there, see you soon mike.
BigAl,:D:D

Spoke to riders today and they said theyre aiming for March 1st...

Would like to use mike as hes only about 1mile away and sounds great but the GSs will be brand new and still in warranty. Think for the first couple of services well try the new BMW garage when it opens (Its also techincally closer to us that mikes lol).

BMW Cardiff Dealership

Totally agree, Mike top bloke very good value, understands BMW's.have had my previous GS and GSA serviced by Mike.

However,by Mike's own admission he cannot do Warranty work! and some BM's, unfortunately will need warranty work done.

Spoke to riders today and they said theyre aiming for March 1st...

Would like to use mike as hes only about 1mile away and sounds great but the GSs will be brand new and still in warranty. Think for the first couple of services well try the new BMW garage when it opens (Its also techincally closer to us that mikes lol).

Warranty remains valid as long as the correct service intervals are adhered to, genuine BMW parts are used, all work is completed by a pukka garage, (which Mike most definitely is), and the book is stamped.

Don't let and BMW main stealer tell you otherwise!

New Dealership

Pie in the sky? or is one really due to open. When?

Well the BMW/Riders signs went up yesterday and today (ride past everyday to go to work atm) :)

Due to open last week of march.

Unfortunately to late for me and ive had to go to bristol for 1st service (would use mike but need to sort out some warranty stuff... like no paint in 1 spot and the frame is rusting already!!!):(

My bike is also due the 600 mile service - I had a chat to Mike about it and he said I could put anything up to 1000 miles on before the first service, in fact the higher the mileage the better. Also needed the bike to be stone cold (ie left in overnight) to re-torque the bolts correctly.

They're looking for a cleaner and a chef........still no sign of bikes!

They're looking for a cleaner and a chef........still no sign of bikes!

As well as a car park full of shop fitters vans there were a few bikes outside this morning.
My spies tell me that staff in a well known (and nearby) bikers clothing shop were approached regarding jobs at the new dealership :rolleyes:

20 Brand new bikes outside today,called in and met the new boss called Craig-seems like a nice guy and a biker/petrol head through and through,opening as soon as they've kicked out the shopfitters is what he told me,should be open for business within a fortnight-with a cafe/snack bar a-la Riders of Bridgwater :drool

Back
Top Bottom