Flip front & Autocom Speaker fitting

68 Gunner

Just about to get a new Helmet and Autocom 300duo - What is the happiest marriage of the 2 in terms of Speaker Fitting +Wires, Comfort and helmet validation?. I've looked at Shoei MultiTec, Shark Evoline, C3 and Nolan 301 + Caeberg Trip. In terms of comfort for me it edges towards the Shoei and Shark. Any thoughts much appreciated.

Eddie

Ive just purchased the C3. Must be the quietest and most comfy helmet yet. Had Autocom fit the headset whilst at the NEC and the guy was over the moon. He said its the easiest of all helmets. It took literally 10 minutes. The cheek pads are on plastic poppers to allow easy removal, and there is an oval recess exaxtly the right size for the autocom speakers. Would highly recommend.

Thanks RGH999 + ?

Would it be rude to ask what you paid for the helmet, assuming you bought it at the show - if so who was the vendour.

Thanks for the reply.

Eddie

I was a little bit fortunate in so far as the stand only had the C3 in black or silver which happened to be the colour I wanted. They were fresh in and the sales guy wasnt sure of the price but "thought" it was about £290. That took me completely by surprise as the Helmet City price was a special offer at £380. When pushed the seller checked with his boss who said that the price was £370 but that as he had quoted me 290 if I could increase my offer to £310 he would honour it. Needless to say I bit his hand off. That was less than I paid for my C2 3 years ago. He even did the same deal for a mate when I went back 1 hour later. I dont think it fair for me to say which stand it was on an open forum. Sorry.

If your going up to the show, there are two more helmets to add to your list.
visit the BMW stand and ask to try the new System 6. It's similar to the C3 but the style and fit are different. You also get a choice of colours. It's should be on sale in March I'm told and the price is; plain = £325.00 patterned = £355.00 I'm waiting till march :thumb2

The other helmet to try is the Shark Openline this is a more conventional helmet compared to the Evoline, but it's well made and much much lighter than the Evo, it doesn't have that silly spring loaded visor either. The Openline retails for £180-199, though I was told they are being soled at the show for £150.00 Go have a chat with the guys at the Shark bus.

Don't know how well the Autocom will fit in these, but I guess the System 6 will be very similar to the C3. The Shark guys will also tell you what you need to know.

Val.

Thanks For your help

Great price on the C3, we all deserve a bit of luck now and again. I tried on the C3 today but on top of the Autocom kit it came out slightly too expensive. Interestingly, the C3 did have slight cut-aways for the ear piece so should give a good fitting.

The Shark Evoline, which had been my fav all along - looked a much tighter more awkward fit reguaring the twin speakers - So to err or the side of caution I went for the Shoei Multitec - looks like the 2 systems were made for each other. To my head it felt right, what put me initially off was the Sharp test results but I feel an uncomfortable ride / helmet would make me more prone to distraction.

Will let you know how things go - Eddie

I fitted the Autocom speakers and mike to my Multitec - a sinch! Nice big appetures for the speakers.

I love the helmet too. It might not be as quiet as the Schuberth but it fits a treat.:thumb2

Just to let you all know the Caberg Trips, Shoei Multitecs, Shark Evo and Schuberth C3's are all good helmets to fit our headsets into as they all seem to be comms friendly.

Rich :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom