List of Scottish distilleries

Stumpy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Where can I get a list of addresses for every Scottish Distillery?

I have pinched an idea from a pal of mine and want to visit as many as I can next year by bike and snap a pic as an excuse to ride my bike a little more:thumb2

Stumpy

Get the audiobook of "Raw Spirit" by Ian Banks out and listen to it as you go :D

Seriously though, you might want to have a look at the paper copy, as there will probably be a very thorough list of the distilleries in there as well.

Get the audiobook of "Raw Spirit" by Ian Banks out and listen to it as you go :D

Seriously though, you might want to have a look at the paper copy, as there will probably be a very thorough list of the distilleries in there as well.

Sounds just the thing.

Ordered from Play.com

Found a few interesting website listing names but not addresses:thumb2

Sounds just the thing.

Ordered from Play.com

Found a few interesting website listing names but not addresses:thumb2

He's a real petrolhead, with a Porsche and an M5 featured, as well as his VFR. I enjoyed it because it was part autobiographical, part observational, part "I love vehicles". Although I hope I never develop his palate for food or drink - he has expensive tastes :eek

Its a good read:thumb2
Liked the Fersit line (just North of Roy bridge) where he wrote off his first Porsche :eek:
I know a couple of the characters that accompany him, thay had a laugh.

Although I hope I never develop his palate for food or drink - he has expensive tastes :eek
After reading the book I sourced a bottle of "Penfolds Grange" 97 I think, been told to leave it for another 10 years or so :eek::D

not all are listed:augie

url

After reading the book I sourced a bottle of "Penfolds Grange" 97 I think, been told to leave it for another 10 years or so :eek::D

Grange will see you out - if you can stay away from it :rob

I've a half-case..................... looking forward to it :beer:

Have you tried Penfolds RWT?

Retails for around £50, but is the best accompanyment to goose at Christmas, that I can think of :thumb2

Al :D

Good idea that. Any excuse to ride around our beautiful land and stock up on the good stuff.

Pop in for a cuppa when at Fettercairn.

Try the website of the Scotch Whisky Association first. Most distilleries are members but there are a few notable exceptions like Bruichladdich etc.

Raw spirit is a good read. Though I preferred Tom Morton's Spirit of Adventure.

Also worth a visit is www.scotchwhisky.net.

Other books worth obtaining include:
Malt Whisky Yearbook 2009 Also has good distillery / brand info
The Scottish Whisky Distilleries The 'anoraks' bible on whisky!!

You'll need a long holiday though! ;)

Kai

Thanks Kai

lots of good stuff there:thumb2

Are you going for a region at a time????????

I not going to do it in one go but in 2 or 3 day trips during the year. Its just an excuse to visit parts of Scotland I have never seen and revisit some of the places I love.

Pop in for a cuppa when at Fettercairn.
:thumb2

Stumpy

Back
Top Bottom