Snowrun 28-Dec-08

Hi I'm also a South Wales group Virgin, Count me in for the snow run, if I can get my kit on after all the mince pies I intend to put away in the coming weeks!!!

And hello to Wookie, I work on Whittle Rd in Cardiff, small world isnt it, strange really, GT Super bikes in Pontyclun have an 800GS for sale 800mls on the clock about 7k I think,

regards :hide
Al

another organised run virgin here,depending on weather and familly comitments i'd love to give it a go.have read the drop off system info,a bit worried about messing it up.what sort of mileage are we covering?

Hi Racoon, About 200 miles but you can call it a day at any point as long as you wait for the tail end charlie to tell him.

It 98 miles from Abergavenny to Llandovery the scenic route.

The drop off system is easy as long as you obey the basic rules and wait for the tail end charlie.

Welcome Steve and Better Half ( I bet she has a name really)

Missed a great curry last night, maybe next month.

No problem joining the Snowrun look forward to seeing you both.

She does have a name really but im to polite to use those kinda words on an open forum :).

Ive read about that curry ! Sounds good but not so sure my tail end would cope with it the next day..... IM guessing its a re-occurring monthly thing? If so im sure i can be persueded to join the next one.

have read the drop off system info

Umm think ive missed a post or something reagarding this 'Drop off system'... Can anyone point me in its direction?!

Steve

Snowrun

Hi all

Yes definately up for it again this year. A tad cold & slippery last December but a hell of a ride out to blow away the xmas cobwebs

See you all on the 28th:thumb

Sadly (???) I shall be going to Val D'Isere on the 28th for my own snow run - best start to a season in living memory :JB

I'll try for Feb.

KR

Ok route is sorted and we have 2 front men and 1 tail-end Chalire (The right diss-honourable Vern esq :D) only joking Vern.

So looking for a second tail-end for the anti-clockwise group.

Due to the numbers involved and the lag between front and back with large groups we plan to run 2 groups in opposite directions along the same route.

We don't want you being late home for tea now do we. "More turkey dear"

I'll post the route closer to the day for those interested but if you need it pm me your e-mail address and I'll e-mail it to you.

By the way its 160-170 miles so please fill-up before you arrive at the Abergavenny bus station. The only other petrol station we'll pass en-route will probably be Llandovery.

Group-A-Clockwise 10.00 am start (PW-Vern)

Group-B Anticlock 10.15 am start (Allan Davies-TBA)

P.S. Have a great Christmas and look forward to seeing you all on the 28th:thumb2

Should be ok but just a FYI... The SV1000 only does around 140miles to the tank!! Around the 105 mark the reserve light comes on and sas then 'Instucts' me to find a petrol station ASAP.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Llandovery garage should be open on the Sunday at the half way point which is about 90 miles at the most so make sure you fill up there otherwise the Millenium Falcom will be on the back of an AA truck :D

See you all there.
Shall I bring the mince pies?

Back
Top Bottom