Snowrun 28-Dec-08

Just an update on current situ as i might not have time to post again before the run.

The good news first.... Its looking like weve drastically decreased the time in which we were gonna buy the new bikes. Instead of sometime feb/march were looking to buy before Jan 1st !!! ekkk. All BM prices are going up and were going to try to get a deal before this time. So new bikes sometime very soon :D

The bad news.... We might have to get both bikes ready for PX before the 1st of jan !! This means a fair amount of work between the both bikes and to be honest i would not want to risk trashing the bikes before this time and jepodise the deal. So we might not make the run (which sucks):(.

Either way will try to post the sat night before the run and let you know.

Steve

Just an update on current situ as i might not have time to post again before the run.

The good news first.... Its looking like weve drastically decreased the time in which we were gonna buy the new bikes. Instead of sometime feb/march were looking to buy before Jan 1st !!! ekkk. All BM prices are going up and were going to try to get a deal before this time. So new bikes sometime very soon :D

The bad news.... We might have to get both bikes ready for PX before the 1st of jan !! This means a fair amount of work between the both bikes and to be honest i would not want to risk trashing the bikes before this time and jepodise the deal. So we might not make the run (which sucks):(.

Either way will try to post the sat night before the run and let you know.

Steve

Good luck with the purchases hope to catch you both at the next candle light supper.

Merry Christmas.:thumb2

Steve B.

Don't mention pies they'll never get up the feckin hills:D

Hope to make the snow run this year,weather permitting, but may need to baby sit an old friend of mine on a XJ 900 around Abergavenny area for a few miles first, but should catch up en route, if thats ok Pw.

No problem Al

With your tracking skills I'm sure you'll find us in no time :D

Weather looks cold but sunny so should be a really good day out.

The Anti-clock route will be taking in Hay bluff just for the sadistic among you.:D

Clockwise route will miss this out (My choice).

I've attached the route for those with GPS and Adamneeds has volounteered to Tail end the anti-clock route:thumb2

Hopefully we should meet approximately together in Llandovery.

Attachments

• Anti-Clockwise Route.gdb
    84.8 KB · Views: 80
  • Clockwise Route.gdb
    84.5 KB · Views: 74
Hi all, love to come along for the ride out sunday, get to meet some other gs owners. Anyone else riding from Bridgend area ?

Can't open file Paul, have sent you an e-mail.. Also tried it from link you posted, HELP

Sorry havent found anything that can open a .gdb file but when i did a google serach it list the file as a 'Formula 1 Car Race 2001 Season01 File'.... Now im getting very worried about the route we might be taking ?!

The routes are in Garmin Mapsource format.

If you haven't got a Garmin they won't open.

Hi Paul. Have checked the weather and it will be too cold for me. The white fingers kick in below 8 degrees even with the heated grips and the heated gloves. Have a great day out, and catch up with you in the new year.

Weather looks cold but sunny so should be a really good day out.

The Anti-clock route will be taking in Hay bluff just for the sadistic among you.:D

Clockwise route will miss this out (My choice).

I've attached the route for those with GPS and Adamneeds has volounteered to Tail end the anti-clock route:thumb2

Hopefully we should meet approximately together in Llandovery.

I am away at the moment and my mates putor hasn't got mapsource on it, so I can't open the anti-clock route to see if it the same as my anti-clock rouye on me satnav, so I will just have to go with my version and hope that everybody uses the drop off system okay :blast:D

I am away at the moment and my mates putor hasn't got mapsource on it, so I can't open the anti-clock route to see if it the same as my anti-clock rouye on me satnav, so I will just have to go with my version and hope that everybody uses the drop off system okay :blast:D

bring along a sd card and we can export/import the route

assuming you have a zumo

see you tomorrow.

long johns at the ready.

Hi Allan,

Nobody other that the lead should be following their GPS anyway so it shouldn't make any difference. You decide the route for the anti-clock group and they will follow.

Have faith my young paduan learner:D

Looks like I`ll have to miss tomorrows snow run:tears

Got a heavy cold which wouldn`t normally stop me but I`ve got to do a long shift tomorrow night which is the real show stopper. Feckin credit crunch:mad:

Have a good one boys and girls and ride safe.:thumb

bring along a sd card and we can export/import

visiting mates in Hereford and my SD card is full of ABBA and the Floyd, I have a zumo so will use your SD card :augie if thats Ok. I Will be leaving Tesco in Hereford at about 0900, but wil be juicing up in Aber-g B4 hand if yo fancy some company. I was thinking of going down the old Hay-on-Wye B road but won't have time unfortunatly :(

sounds a good day out to me. Will see you at abergavenny bus station as planned. Am travelling up from Somerset on the M5 so if anyone wants to meet on the way it will be most welcome. If not, I will see you there!! Cheers

Back
Top Bottom