Snowrun 28-Dec-08

-2c here at the moment,and I'm half pished,and I have to get up at 0530 to leave enough time to get there for 9am along all those wonderful icy roads.:bounce1

snowrun eve

warm clothes.jpg

travelled down tonight from north derbyshire and its bloody freezing just hit .5degrees.

Wrap up warm folks ..... see ya tomorrow.:)

visiting mates in Hereford and my SD card is full of ABBA and the Floyd, I have a zumo so will use your SD card :augie if thats Ok. I Will be leaving Tesco in Hereford at about 0900, but wil be juicing up in Aber-g B4 hand if yo fancy some company. I was thinking of going down the old Hay-on-Wye B road but won't have time unfortunatly :(

if you read this will be in hereford for 9ish

so will ride down with you

I was happily on my way to meet you all this morning when at 8.45 the bike died on the M5. All I can say is it was bloody cold standing around for an hour waiting for the AA to get the bike home. Just my luck to have also stopped in the shade, yes that's my breath on top of the van:blast

Hope you all have had a better day than me:thumb2

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 185
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 185
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 182
Victim No2

You weren't alone Bobble.

Lucy and I were aiming to meet the ride at Llandovery around mid day.

On the A483 between Newtown and Llandrindod Wells just after a sweeping right hander Lucy came on the radio and said, "my back end almost went then", I put it down to all the ice that was about on that road. We decided to pull into Crossgates cafe for a brew.

It was there I discovered what was causing Lu's 1100 to get a little twitchy.
wheelbearing.jpg

So she too had to call a very nice man I think it was the local farmer Giles doing a bit of Moonlighting actually :blast
niceman.jpg

Sorry we never got to meet up PW :(

I think we need a thread about 1100's and 1150's and recovery trucks... have any 1200's needed recovery on this run? :D

Sorry that I couldn't join you this year: work commitments today I'm afraid.

Lucy's bike

...so is that the rear drive oil that has been spewed all over the rear wheel then?

Shame you both missed the ride today, but at least nothing nasty came from either incident and you both got home on four wheels.

Thanks to PW for organising the run today, it was an "interesting" route! It was good to meet everyone on the ride, especially those who made the effort to enjoy the Welsh roads and came from the other side of Offa's Dyke!
Hope the young lady on the R80GS got home alright and she wasn't too bruised?

Still, managed to get a Buell on "slicks" where several GS's feared to tread! :augie

Shame you both missed the ride today, but at least nothing nasty came from either incident and you both got home on four wheels.

Thanks to PW for organising the run today, it was an "interesting" route! It was good to meet everyone on the ride, especially those who made the effort to enjoy the Welsh roads and came from the other side of Offa's Dyke!

Still, managed to get a Buell on "slicks" where several GS's feared to tread! :augie

She made it to the main road ok,this is my first attempt at attaching a pic.
enjoyed the ride today,pity the cafe wasnt open earlier missed the bacon butties.racoon.jpg

you cant say that you didnt do the die hard route :augie

we had ice ice and more ice up in the mountins

anyway thanks for organising the run nice to burn off the xmas dinner

it all came together once the cafe opened

Well today was an eventfull outing, shall we say.

Well done to the brave souls that tackled Hay-bluff you deserved a medal.

Unfortunately the clockwise route had a few disruptions with the drop-off system, A470 being closed due to an accident and a large patch of frost/ice on Ystrafellta hairpins that split the group.

Bobble hope you've warmed up, Paul, Lucy catch you next time.

Hope everybody got home safe.

Perhaps we'll have a re-run in the Spring when the thaw sets in.:D

20 off cold and hungry GSer's awaiting the opening of the cafe

Attachments

• resize.jpg
    resize.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 155
Well today was an eventfull outing, shall we say.

Well done to the brave souls that tackled Hay-bluff you deserved a medal.

+1
Note to self, next time don't listen to devils on my shoulder saying 'go on do it, it won't be icey, yer big girls blouse'
Really had a good day and was glad we all stayed rubber side down, or should that be rubber slide down :nenau. Well the group one heros did :bow :bow :augie :D

A quick and big mention for all the tossers who travelled from as far up as Derbyshire and down as Taunton, top job

Hi guys & girl had a great ride thanks Paul & Alan for leading good to see you all . catch up soon i hope happy new year Dai.

Too cold for snow

For all the group in the anti clockwise group after early hickup we made it half way around. Good ride although bloody cold.

look forward to next time.

Back
Top Bottom