Snowrun 28-Dec-08

Great Day

Paul & Allan

Thanks for organizing a great day (again) , sorry we wimped out of the Cresta Run ;) (maintaining my NCB)

Racoon, I hope you got home in 1 piece, fair play not the easiest of going!

J P I have tried to PM you with contact details for some future rides but it won't let me :( ............so mine is 07768 137771 & davidpughjones@btconnect.com maybe an opportunity for some Chepstow / Bristol outings?

All, thanks for a great day

Pughy

:eek:onyack

Thanks to the organisers and everyone who turned up for a enjoyable day's ride. Good to see so many willing GSers & a Bueller :thumb2 having a go, but some like me whimped out at the 1 in 7 Cresta Run. Sorry but having had one slide on sheet ice I didn't wan't another. Thanks to the 1200 rider (sorry I didn't get your name :blast ) and Vern for helping me get the bike vertical :clap. Oh and thanks again to Vern for warning me about the ice AFTER I hit it :dabone Thank God for H&B engine bars :clap:clap:clap

Glad you got home OK Racoon. Your cylinder heads now have some proper GS battle scars.

Look forward to then next one and hopefully we'll all stick to the drop off system :augie

Good weather, meeting new faces and some great GS cameraderie :thumb What could be better?

Steve

+1

Great day out chaps. Well organised in spite of the challenging road conditions. Managed to pull onto the drive at about 5:30pm hours so just in time for tea...good timing I fancy. Thanks to Paul for getting me to the M4 for the really windy run back to home down south. This was the first really full day for me on the bike, setting off at 08:00 hrs in the morning, complete with hangover which I have to say after 10 hours was pretty well cleared. My left boot and lower trousers are well waterproof after getting a good dose of engine oil. This was due to the O ring being dislodged and gentley spewing out oil. Spotted and fixed at Abergavenny, thanks for the help here. In a funny sort of way, I quite enjoyed the icey bits....only saying this because i didnt fall off! Again, great day and i guess i will have to do a few more if i'm going to venture into Europe next year since i have discovered that a 300 mile round trip doesnt half make my backside ache. Thanks again and a permenant fixture in the calander. Nice to meet new faces. Happy new year to all. Cheers

Many thanks Paul & al for organising the day out yesterday it was great fun and good to meet my fellow tossers. Its been several years since i was in wales and had forgotten just how beautiful your part of the world is!.
Hope those who went rubber up are ok and not too sore but more importantly there is not too much damage to the bikes.
Oh and i think it's a great idea to do this run again after the thaw ..... count me in.
thanks again :thumb:D

Daz ... aka Andy
Derbyshire

Gutted that we didnt make it but im kinda glad we decided not to. I dont mind riding in the cold (we were out on the bikes on saturday test riding a 800gs) but really didnt fancy playing with the ice and risk damaging the bikes.

Sounds like everyone had fun though and well defn catch up with everyone at the next run or curry night :beer:

Steve

A big thanks to Paul & Al for for organising this year's route's,:thumb nice to see so many new faces especially those who came from afar. Glad to hear that the lady got home safe[well done for trying:thumb:thumb]. At one point I thought I'd got lost again:blast, but on the up side I was leading the pack at one point,and thought, at least I won't be on my own this time:clap some one forgot to use the drop off system:nenau, Ahh never mind had a great day out on the bike and so many new roads to explore { when the weather warms up a bit} in the spring. Hope everyone had a great day, and got home safe.:thumb:thumb

Happy New year to one and all

Big Al.

Ps Plenty of clean water to wash the salt off and copius ammounts of WD.to keep the bike looking new.:thumb2

snow run

Big thanks to Paul & Al,
great day out and thoroughly enjoyed the anti clockwise route. Magical scenery above Hay that I never knew existed.
Excellent to meet again and heres hoping to meet up soon for a meal or better still, a ride out and a meal!:beerjug:
Happy New year to all GSERS and your families.
B1ff

A curry w/end away possibly.

Sounds like a great plan. Just let us know when / where.
Well even be on GS's now ! (2 new 800s ordered this afternoon :JB).

Well done Wookie, the more the merrrrryyyerr, keep looking for posts on the site to see the details for the forth coming events.
cheers
Al.

The answer to ice ...

I found the answer to icy roads yesterday .... I just need to work out how to fit these under the panniers ...

Attachments

• Stabilised.jpg
    Stabilised.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 93

Back
Top Bottom