Side stand on G450X

Jay B

Reaction score
Had the bike for 200 miles and overall very pleased.All the reviews were fair - a taught ,fast bike with pretty good trail manners.The one part thats now hacking me off is the side stand.Its bending and having to
be re positioned after almost every ride.No long periods on the stand just the normal stuff when opening gates ,stopping for a brew etc.Its on a full lift up stand when not being ridden.The stand is just not up to the job.Rant over - anyone else having similar problems?

Nope - no problems at all with mine and I have a good few miles on mine as well. I do use the rubber thingy to hold it up when I am riding off road, but only if I remember.

no probs here either, only that i lost the plastic bit on the end of it. Got a free replacement from the dealer and fitted it with a nut and bolt to secure it.

No probs with mine either. I actually find it pretty good in the soft ground and although it makes a hell of a clatter when it lifts up, I personally find it reasurring meaning it will not dig in 5m later:(

We're on number 3 on our demo bike, customers have been sitting on them with the stand down, bending the mounting bolt & chewing up the internal bush.

Thanks for the feedback.Going to Bahnstormer on Saturday for its 10 hour srvice so see what they think.

Thanks for the feedback.Going to Bahnstormer on Saturday for its 10 hour srvice so see what they think.
Are you not going to do it yourself? The service is very easy and the DVD explains it very well. I have done all mine apart from the initial service which I watched to see if there were any tricks or tips.

The only thing I did learn at the 10 hour service was it is best to take the left hand side cover off as well as it makes aligning the air filter clips easier and it needs to come off anyway to check fixings.

About all you need out of the ordinary is a 22mm socket for the primary oil filter and take care with the secondary filters as the cover nuts seem to be made out of toffee.

Done a couple of oil changes in between but having the rear shock spring changed at the same time as the service.I am told this needs a special tool to compress the spring as it goes on so the two retaining nuts can be fitted.Looked as if it would go staright on to me but they assured me it is not that easy.I am not the most practical person and want to make sure any future warranty claims cant be disputed.

Next 10 hour Will have a crack at doing it myself - thanks for the info on the 22mm socket.

Back
Top Bottom