Head guards for 1100/1150 models. On sale now.

Don't know, put some photos up so that those that have them fitted know what to expect...:D

Here's mine after an off on a roundabout near the french/spanish border.:augie

And taz's ( Dave) after a rockingham track day

I have a good friend who has a small local metal finishing company. It took him a fair bit of time to get them this good as they are rough cast finish. If anyones interested I can get a price?

Yes please

what other damage

have you got pics of the rest of the bike you damaged?
was quite keen to see what other areas might need beefing up.these look impressive.

was quite keen to see what other areas might need beefing up..

I don't think you can be so precise.

All depends if you have panniers fitted when you come off - plus all depends what make/type of panniers - plus all depends how and what speed you come off- Plus all depends if you also have crash bars still fitted - plus all depends what the surface is - You see, it all depends

:D:D

Price for polishing

eng covers.jpg

For a full polish as per my original pics its £65.
If you dont want the inner bits polished its £45 as per the above pic.
Obviously, the inside of the guards will not be polished.
All prices plus £5 to post back to you.
Might seem a bit pricey, but its a time comsuming job. If any one is interested, let me know.

heres mine. :augie

DSCF2534.jpg

plus the corner of my ardcasem few scratches on my bar end/handguards and front indicator and the bottom corner of my wunderlich screen :D

Feck me, not having any of these, all poeple seem to have done is dropped the bike after fitting, could it be the extra weight?

:D:D:D

Having just bought my first GS I'm looking for some engine protectors. I see other people with the bigger wrap-around bars from different manufacturers and I see these. Could someone offer advice on how much protection these offer in comparison. Are these just to protect the engine is small slides compared to the larger types that are bolted to the engine/frame.

It seems to me that with the wide cylinders on a bmw there wouldn't be much else touching down except perhaps bars and tank. I know this might sound a simple enquiry but I've not seen many pictures of dropped gs's and I'm not sure I fancy laying mine over to check where it touches ;).

Cheers,

Justin.

Fitted my Steptoe head guards

I recently decided to change my H&B engine guards for some of St Eptoes head guards.

I sprayed them up white to match the white on the fuel tank.

Attachments

• GS Mods 012.jpg
    GS Mods 012.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 443
Unused pair, powder coated black - available for someone. Brand new. Never fitted. You can have them for the same price as Steptoe sells them out at. I'll pay for the powder coating. Complete with the rubber strips and fastners.

I recently decided to change my H&B engine guards for some of St Eptoes head guards.

I sprayed them up white to match the white on the fuel tank.

That looks very smart. Could you let us know what made you decide to change. I'm looking at the options and have come down to one of those two so would be interested to understand your decision to change to the head guards from the H&B bars.

Thanks,

Justin.

The engine bars add to the width of the bike and my garage space is limited, plus they are a bit of a pain when adjusting the valves - nothing major, just an irritant as they can get in the way. I also think the head guards look better than the engine bars - just aesthetics I guess.

Having just bought my first GS I'm looking for some engine protectors. I see other people with the bigger wrap-around bars from different manufacturers and I see these. Could someone offer advice on how much protection these offer in comparison. Are these just to protect the engine is small slides compared to the larger types that are bolted to the engine/frame.

It seems to me that with the wide cylinders on a bmw there wouldn't be much else touching down except perhaps bars and tank. I know this might sound a simple enquiry but I've not seen many pictures of dropped gs's and I'm not sure I fancy laying mine over to check where it touches ;).

Some engine bars can flip the bike in a crash. Turning a low side into a high side. These don't.

Got mine

Thanks.

Look like protection rather than the crappy plastic things that BMW give you !

Hi Neil,
Don't suppose there's any update on the next batch is there? - I'm 'engine barless' now and nervous :D

Back
Top Bottom