Head guards for 1100/1150 models. On sale now.

Don't let them beat you.

First time I tried to fit them to my 1100, I was absolutely convinced that my bike must have been different to the one that they were originally fitted to (I bought them second hand).

I tried again the following day starting with a different fastening (can't remember which one) and they just popped right on.

I think the front mountings first, just keep them very loose then offer up the rear and they should tightly align. If I remember correctly, like MMM all I had to do was very slightly file one hole to get it to fit.

Pesky but essential..:D
For all of you 1100/1150 owners sitting on the fence about getting these, just do it.

Work brilliantly and rarely become avaliable because of what they do.

Tufty, what is Steppers' minimum batch requirement?

FD, we shared a few PM's but he sounded like it is a load of effort for either not much return or too long term for the outlay.

We didn't get into specifics of numbers. I think the foundry he uses consider it a trifling job so it may be difficult to engage them.

So, in summary, I'm not sure of any numbers, but he didn't sound keen. I managed to source a pair but I'd happily put my name down for another set, probably as an investment to retire on in 10 years.

Tufty

FD, we shared a few PM's but he sounded like it is a load of effort for either not much return or too long term for the outlay.

We didn't get into specifics of numbers. I think the foundry he uses consider it a trifling job so it may be difficult to engage them.

So, in summary, I'm not sure of any numbers, but he didn't sound keen. I managed to source a pair but I'd happily put my name down for another set, probably as an investment to retire on in 10 years.

Tufty

Yes, he's always had an issue with getting these done.
Whether it's the foundry unable to commit to a 1 off cost per batch or the fact he's a grumpy old git, can't blame him though.
Collecting enough hard cash from forumites up front with little idea on lead times can be stressful, then posting each unit out once he's done bits to them and then dealing with kack handed peeps like King Rat who can't fit a condom on their cock properly, let alone some dumb bits of metal to their bike.:D
I wouldn't be keen either.

The fit is a bit tight / crappy. Stepperz instructs following a specific fitting sequence, which does work but it stains and bends at least one of the fasteners. I am happy with the headguards and would buy them again, but having re-aligned the holes a tad, the protectors now lie much flatter to the rocker covers than before

So what is the knack please ?

Back
Top Bottom