Don't buy an intercom system yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

(RIP) Shenzi

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Most people won't need an intercom system before spring so it might be worth waiting a while. Right now I have been asked to do some beta testing of IntaRide's new Evo-2 (I knew I would eventually benefit from living in a place with good weather) and from what I've seen so far I'm convinced it is going to revolutionise the market. There isn't much I'm allowed to tell you yet, other than the new model addresses what I considered to be negative about the Evo-1, the main one being volume.
The features and functions this model has do not exist in any other intercom out there and will cause quite a stir in the market. Intaride tell me that despite the leap in technology (yes, this is fully digital) they will still be priced very competitively. They tell me that they intend to keep the price of any additional cables as low as possible - so no re-mortgages !! I changed to IntaRide because the company I was dealing with prior to them p*ssed me off charging a fortune for cables.

I'll be putting it through it's paces over the next few weeks with a view to giving it as hard a time as possible, Rider to Pillion, Music, Zumo & Bike to Bike radio, this will help them "tweak" the software and find any weaknesses in the hardware.
As we all know, or should, most of the comparative testing we see in magazines often has criteria other than excellence to win. A couple of tyre tests on the GS highlight this phenomenon, in one test the Conti Road Attack was the best, the next test it was crap, go figure!
Recently one prominent magazine had a comparison test between intercom systems but it didn't include Baer, Starcom or Intaride, odd that!
Intaride will go to a less commercial but highly respected organisation for an objective test.
It will cost you nothing to wait awhile guys!

IntaRide have now posted some details on their website!

For those who don't know me I don't have any financial interest in IntaRide nor would I bullshit for them. However, I do like their products and how they try to work with their customers.

I could be interested, my last intercom was a intaride RP1, which whilst reliable, was bulky and changing volumes or settings when riding was impossible, most annoying when the wind switches the system on and off, and you have to have your ears blasted at low speed, or you can't hear it at high speed, I appreciate that things have moved on since the RP1, but I want full adjustability whilst riding, let me know how it performes.

I've had ...

... quite a bit of kit from Intaride over the last few years and their telephone service has always been excellent ... :augie

I just hope it does better than the Liberty which I was so hopeful for - I know they were let down as a core component stopped being manufactured but even so...

I watch this space...

*edit*
Just saw the Liberty is included in the new Evo2 along with some interesting sounding controls...

clicky linky

Does sound good...

I could be interested, my last intercom was a intaride RP1, which whilst reliable, was bulky and changing volumes or settings when riding was impossible, most annoying when the wind switches the system on and off, and you have to have your ears blasted at low speed, or you can't hear it at high speed, I appreciate that things have moved on since the RP1, but I want full adjustability whilst riding, let me know how it performes.

The Evo 1 was already a big improvement over the RP1 and the Evo 2 is an even bigger leap forward especially in adjustabilty, watch this space!

I just hope it does better than the Liberty which I was so hopeful for - I know they were let down as a core component stopped being manufactured but even so...

I watch this space...

*edit*
Just saw the Liberty is included in the new Evo2 along with some interesting sounding controls...

clicky linky

Does sound good...

I have a Liberty! A great bit of kit, it will return and be even better I'm told!

I have a Liberty! A great bit of kit, it will return and be even better I'm told!

I had a liberty, could'nt get it to work, sent back for repair, but due to lead times when the unit was being re designed, due to chip shortages, I decided on a refund, though it did have other failings, like no indication that the head unit was charged fully, or being charged when plugged into the charger.

Again I want full adjustability when on the move. not have to stop several times to set things.

Shenzi I recently visited intaride to get a new lead made up and saw the new system, I can confirm this system will definately upset a few in the market as the adjustability is something else, again I won't go into specifics but I for one will be upgrading from my Evo, good luck with the testing, hopefully when I upgrade they put a couple of points I made while there into the system :thumb2 :thumb2

The big question is - how long before it is released?

If this is beta testing - could be a year

The big question is - how long before it is released?

If this is beta testing - could be a year

It won't be that long Karl, I reckon it will be out long before you discard your woolly nightie :D:D Keep a check on the IntaRide website :beerjug:

This is a rant. Just skip it if your not in the mood.

Why is it that so many of the smaller motorcycle accessories companies insist on having the worst websites? I am sure that Intraride makes a great product. But dear god I hope they are not relying on their website for sales! Can't they find some high school kid with some design skills and her geeky boyfriend, flip them a few hundred and make a decent web site? Ugh! Yo! Intraride Webmaster! If you underline something I expect it to be a link. Always, not some of the time! If your photo is tiny and looks like crap why are you putting it on your site? You want me to associate tiny crappy things with your product? And don't give me "low bandwidth" as an excuse. How many folks are still using 14.4 modems and AOL?

Its not just Intraride, anyone ever looked at Mortoport riding clothes? Their web site is the worst! Makes their cloths look like saggy shapeless garbage bags. But all the owners reports that I have read make me want their stuff so bad! Maybe they have enough customers and are afraid of selling more?

Both these companies are so lucky that they have forums like this and have loyal customers willing to explain their products. Cause their web sites totally suck and give you now idea of the products capabilities.

OK back to your regularly scheduled wintertime bike discussions.

Steve

Any further updates yet apart from whats on their website?

Hi All,

Any news on this yet as the new 1200 GSA arrives on 1st March and I would like to have the delaer fit a system complete with a sat nav?

Russell.

I had this email the other day, so it looks like it's almost ready for launching.

"Intaride, your exclusive source for high tech digital communications equipment, is about to announce the launch of the New EVO 2.

Shortly you will receive an email allowing you to view the “ hidden” section of our website with more information about this product and the first indication of prices.

Of course there will be a very generous special introductory price to existing EVO 1 owners and also customers who are purchasing Intaride equipment for the first time.

We are almost there!!!"

I've just seen the latest and greatest Intaride - I must be missing something. :blast What i call being a step forward is for Garmin, Tomtom & co to include FM, DAB, bike to bike, etc on their touch displays, or for another company to provide the same on remote handle bar controls.
Am i just not getting it or should Garmin & co have a little look at their marketing intelligence? How difficult is this? Garmin offers XM radio in the US.

Garmin / TomTom & co: I reserve patent rights on anything silimilar to the described above - no kidding

cheers,

yeah i got that e-mail too. Was hoping (after two months of waiting) this was something else; like a better Parrot kit; So far I'm again utterly dissapointed at developments in this field. I must be wanting too much... How come you can get FM traffic warning on a GPS, but not FM radio?

Anyone got this yet????
:rob
Totally hacked off with these idiots and I'm not even buying anything from them.

A mate and I are doing the RBLR1000 this coming weekend.
He considered Autocom (which I have) but decided to wait for Intaride.
As the release date got closer and passed, he kept in touch making them aware of what he wanted and why.
He has been told he's #4 on the list.
Intaride have said the kits are boxed and on the shelf but waiting for USB leads.
He's not bothered about the USB in the short term, the said ok we can send it on....still no f*****g unit.
The reality, apparently, is that they have the components and are assembling as fast as they can.

They have promised several dates in the last week or so and failed to meet every one of them, now the say they may be able to get it to him by 0900 tomorrow........:mad::mad::mad::mad:

What is wrong with giving people honest and accurate answers to direct and open questions?:nenau
Why do these w**kers promise to hit delivery dates they cant manage?:nenau

Good luck with the new system, IMPROVE your service or you will surely fail :tears !

:rob, rant over.....for now!!!!

Rob

I've had several dealings with Intaride over the years and have never had a problem, in fact I went with intaride not only because of the products but because of the service, and thats why I will keep on using them. I understand the frustration of not getting something on time, but theres a lot of intercoms on the market that can be bought off the shelf, isn't it better they delay the release and 'get it right' rather than rush it out and have to deal with loads of irate customers then, (try buying £450's worth of Zumo 660 and see how impressed you are, lots of bugs and you just have to wait for software updates, and thats from a company as big as Garmin :mad:)
Why didn't your mate buy an Evo 1 if he was so desperate for it, a good system if he's not bothered about all the adjustment the Evo2 is going to have. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom