Don't buy an intercom system yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't suppose it will come as any suprise when I say Interide for me also and their A80 is the dogs dodahs :bounce1 but I only have a C90 and do 3 mls a day tops, toke me ferkin ages to get to Morocco last year. :augie

I am a total novice at this comms business so I have asked around all those I know, plus many and various folks in bike meets etc. and the great majority had nothing but praise for Autocom.
If I had taken note of some continual negativity from a certain subscriber, who has refused help offered on the basis of miles to ride and then changed his supplier, I would not and could not have experienced the great service I have had from Autocom,( Rich in particular) this week.
As a result of the majority of positive comments probably high 90%; (yes there were occasional minor gripes), I made the decision last week and bought a used Pro avi and got on the phone to Autocom.
They went out of their way to be very helpful, told me how to do the job, supplied the cables I requested, then when I went to collect the cables, they fitted the used headset free in Schuberth S1 and gave me more tech advice.
Yesterday I bought a used Motorola radio, asked them all the questions on how to etc, bought the appropriate cable and hey presto all is working perfectly as of tonight. Good volume clear speech good range. Thank you Rich at Autocom I personally think you do a splendid job. I am sure if Jacal had taken up your offer of help, in spite of the long distance involved, he would not be still chewing these old bones.

I am a total novice at this comms business so I have asked around all those I know, plus many and various folks in bike meets etc. and the great majority had nothing but praise for Autocom.
If I had taken note of some continual negativity from a certain subscriber, who has refused help offered on the basis of miles to ride and then changed his supplier, I would not and could not have experienced the great service I have had from Autocom,( Rich in particular) this week.
As a result of the majority of positive comments probably high 90%; (yes there were occasional minor gripes), I made the decision last week and bought a used Pro avi and got on the phone to Autocom.
They went out of their way to be very helpful, told me how to do the job, supplied the cables I requested, then when I went to collect the cables, they fitted the used headset free in Schuberth S1 and gave me more tech advice.
Yesterday I bought a used Motorola radio, asked them all the questions on how to etc, bought the appropriate cable and hey presto all is working perfectly as of tonight. Good volume clear speech good range. Thank you Rich at Autocom I personally think you do a splendid job. I am sure if Jacal had taken up your offer of help, in spite of the long distance involved, he would not be still chewing these old bones.

I have to say that is Interide had offered the same service I'd have been a happy bunny with an RP1! :rob

Intaride do offer that service, I've been to see them whenever I change something (satnav/bike to bike radios) and they've always seen me and always been helpful, making up custom cables while I wait on more than one occasion.:thumb2

Intaride do offer that service, I've been to see them whenever I change something (satnav/bike to bike radios) and they've always seen me and always been helpful, making up custom cables while I wait on more than one occasion.:thumb2

In my case (well the guy who had my RP1) they had the RP1 and it came back not working properly, attitude was 'We no longer support the RP1" so he thought oh well the RP1 cost me a pint so I'll buy the Evo, still cheap considering.....

The problem was that they would not acknowledge that the Evo was quiet, therefore no offer of "come on down" was made, I accept that they might well have made a lead up on the spot but the issue was with the core Evo. Then low and behold the top Evo2 blurb is:

"Louder, much much much louder....Need we say more?"

That's a pretty hard slap in the face when you've spent hours trying to sort an Evo1 and been told there is no issue! Clearly there was and they made it a priority.

My opinion (and it's only that) is that they release new products too quickly onto the market, willingly or not making their own customers their guinie pigs! Just look at how the Evo2 was released, with 'leaks' to encourage interest in the product and generate pre-orders and customers when the product is not even built yet!

I treat this sort of thing like a new version of windows, all those people who just 'had' to have Vista and found they had all kinds of issues, I'll wait a while and let the dust settle (or use Ubuntu for free).

Now were they now to say we'll sort it out, that's a different kettle of fish!:thumb2

Did you ever return your Evo to be tested for volume, I never thought there was a volume problem with the Evo, but after many hours getting the speaker placement just right I can see how easy it would be to just be 1mm out. :)

Did you ever return your Evo to be tested for volume, I never thought there was a volume problem with the Evo, but after many hours getting the speaker placement just right I can see how easy it would be to just be 1mm out. :)

Yup and was sent back as OK, you maybe happy with them but IMHO Interide suck. :(

Happy for you that all worked out well and didn't have to pay too much extra for the cables that they supplied (bet ya did :augie)

Seeing you are bringing up this "negativity"....I feel I must reply

If you look back at my post's I think you will find that previous to this recent thread I in fact praised then for what their products DO so get your facts straight BUT yes my overall experience with this company as been tainted with their bad customer service and their attitude of taking your money when it obviously wouldn't work.

AS for offer of help, again some people are very selective in their posts of what I was offered.

For the record what I was offered from Rich was a check over of speaker alignment but any work carried out would be chargeable, so in effect what I would be riding 250+ miles for would be to pay someone to fit parts that I could do myself, agreed they would have to modify the mute facility which if I did myself would null the warranty, also this seemed a drastic action and render the unit unfit for purpose.

I found this unacceptable has I had paid for a new system (don't even know which one it is now, it's in a drawer somewhere) then paid for a part that didn't and wouldn't work....don't you think they would have know that when selling me it?

So 'yes' I suppose I am "negative" regards this company

quote takahe
"Jacal had taken up your offer of help, in spite of the long distance involved, he would not be still chewing these old bones."

But to pay hundreds of pounds and then to be asked to ride 250+ miles to pay more, and to constantly answer people every time I say their crap, I find unacceptable.

End of story!

Yup and was sent back as OK, you maybe happy with them but IMHO Interide suck. :(

You are still referring to the experiences of a third party? Given that lots of us have had great service from Intaride ..

Edited - Keep this on-topic guys, or the thread will be closed. - GM

You are still referring to the experiences of a third party? Given that lots of us have had great service from Intaride ..

Edited - Keep this on-topic guys, or the thread will be closed. - GM

Wanting to remain on topic but not ignor your question, it was my RP1 then sold to a third party (we run a BMW forum with a group of about 10 who meet at least once a week) and have been present through all the RP1/EVO and radio permutations. I have also contacted Interide on his behalf as he is not a 'Techy' kind of guy. And had just the same short shift from Interide.

I don't like Interide, others don't like Autocom or Starcom, there is no clear winner or villan.:eek

I'm thinkin about buying one of the feckin things so was watching how the thread went :thumb2

Edited - GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom