• GET THE MISSUS (OR CHAPPIE) TO DO IT FOR ME

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • CONSTANTLY INSPECTING THEM

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • NAH!! MY BOLLOX ARE BULLETPROOF

Votes: 8 20.0%

• Total voters
mens bosoms

I believe that a number of men also die from breast cancer each year. This does not receive any great level of of publiity. Breast cancer is thus perceived as a "woman only" disease. Check everywhere for strange lumps.......

yes...a small percentage of men do...but i believe its usually something to do with hormone levels and treatment for other cancers....again..i know i've read it somewhere so i'll research that as well....
as we all know.... boys and girls alike......if something doesnt feel right...ask a profesional to check it out......

as promised.....i have found this website to help you blokes out with how to check your nads....
there are 'explicit' pics of men wedding tackle in it so i have put a link on to the thread below if you want to check it out

www.icr.ac.uk/everyman/about/testicular.html

oh.... and girls......you might want to take a peek too
:yikes :yikes :yikes bnige bnige

p.s. forgot ...... what i though i read about male breast cancer was wrong........some men just get it very rarely...so if your nipples become red, sore, change shape or colour, become hard all the time or have a discharge...see your doctor....

I'm a bloke ferchrissakes, I check them every hour.....! If was Italian that would be every 11.5691 minutes.

Sherringford Hovis said:
I'm a bloke ferchrissakes, I check them every hour.....! If was Italian that would be every 11.5691 minutes.

glad to hear it invicta......
just wanting to make sure you chaps know which bits you're supposed to be checking every hour or 11 minutes.......because you might not be concentrating on the important parts at the time.....
xx

Joking apart,it is VERY important to check,and to see your GP if you detect ANY abnormality. Don`t think you`re wasting their time or feel embarrassed,they`d rather check you and say that you`re ok than start proceedings for an operation,and as for embarrassment,they`ve seen lots of `em before.
A couple of months ago,one of my nuts felt different than usual, and stayed so for a few days (I`m sure you all know that yer nuts constantly change size/shape),so,feeling VERY concerned,I went to my GP,who checked and then suggested an ultrasound.
For those who are scornful of the need to check,the time spent waiting for the ultrasound was filled with dread,and the realisation of our mortality (that may sound melodramatic,but wait until it happens to you).
Anyway,I had the ultrasound,and all was fine...PHEW....WHAT A RELIEF !! What I had noticed was a lumpy bit (medical term)
you can get as a result of having had the 'snip' some years ago.
The examiner said I was VERY WISE to get checked,and wished that more fellows did so. SO DO IT.....

well said tarka
...and there's me thinking you were a girl....change your avatar xx

Ok - i've got mine out.

They're on the desk.

now - wha tis it i'm supposed to do with them ?

just talk me through it - slowly........

Matron said:
well said tarka
...and there's me thinking you were a girl....change your avatar xx

Erm,you haven`t seen me when I`m out at night....

Most importantly, get your teenage boys (sons, nephews, boyfriends, whoever) to begin self examination. My oldest found a 'lump' when he was 17. It turned out to be a small hydrocele and readily treatable by a small operation. The urologist couldn't praise him enough for both doing the examination AND then immediately getting the abnormality seen by the GP who arranged a next-day appoitnment with the consultant.

The peak age for incidence of testicular cancers is 17-29 yrs. It is predominantly a disease of YOUNG men, but all men should learn how to do this procedure and should keep doing it throughout their lives.

In fact, I pushed a a course of instruction through at the school where I'm a governor, getting a top oncologist and three of his nursing staff to the school for a day to teach the boys how to do it. My recent employers (who are big in oncology drugs) paid for them :)

I had no end of argument from two female governors who felt that it was 'mucky' and 'dirty' for boys to be shown films and mannequins and given instruction on this important technique. Oddly, they didn't seem to object when I offered to get a group of people down to teach the girls self examination ....

One of the reasons that it's vital for boys to know about testicular cancers (seminomas and teratomas) is that with the advent of the platinum-based drugs a cure rate in EXCESS of 98.5% is achievable.

you coming to princetown droopy.....dying to meet you xxx

Back
Top Bottom