which foot down first - stopping

The Hendon Shuffle

Just to keep the thread rolling ( and rolling and rolling........)

Has anybody typed the 'hendon shuffle' in to Google yet?

:augie:augie:augie:augie:augie:augie:augie:augie:augie

:blast:blast:blast:blast:blast:blast:blast:blast:blast:blast

Be Good

Chod

p.s.

I just aim to put the right foot down..........................that's right as in corrrect if you catch my wossaname:rob

just to add one more (fm previous), you use your left foot so should something go wrong you will fall to the pavement not into the road
pj :augie

We're in to six pages now Andres ... I quit, I'm out, you'll not hear another thing from me on this goddam thread, I hereby promise ... :thumb

:beerjug:

Actually, this thread does remind me of a time when, 3 years ago in Trieste I stopped at set of lights and put my right foot down, into a very deep camber.

When my foot eventually hit the deck I was just beyond the point at which I could keep the fully loaded GS upright and could feel the bike slowly but inexorably going over.

Meanwhile a guy was walking past on the pavement. In a state of panic my limited grasp of Italian escaped me and all I was able to do was scream AGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! at him.

All credit to him, after initially jumping 10ft in the air he regained his composure and as quick as a flash ran over and grabbing my shoulder put all his weight into pushing me back upright.

Not sure what the moral of the story is...........................

Die thread die :pullface

Andres

Actually, this thread does remind me of a time when, 3 years ago in Trieste I stopped at set of lights and put my right foot down, into a very deep camber.

When my foot eventually hit the deck I was just beyond the point at which I could keep the fully loaded GS upright and could feel the bike slowly but inexorably going over.

Meanwhile a guy was walking past on the pavement. In a state of panic my limited grasp of Italian escaped me and all I was able to do was scream AGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! at him.

All credit to him, after initially jumping 10ft in the air he regained his composure and as quick as a flash ran over and grabbing my shoulder put all his weight into pushing me back upright.....

...and then shouted "dovreste mettere il vostro primo del piede sinistro giù":D

You know I really thought that last post would tip it over onto page 7............

I cant believe I missed this debate.

I do as I was tought to do.......Ye goode olde hendon shuffle.........

Drummed in untill it could be recounted verbatim.

Back in the days before two way radio was common,when I did me advanced bike test......we had to remember everything in case we were questioned on it at the end.

No it wasnt the good old days ,it was hell...........

After a 1hr followed drive you get asked ....................explain your positioning at the second roundabout....:blast

sometimes I'm right footed, sometimes I'm left footed. Sometimes I don't do feet at all :D Are we on page 7 yet?:pullface

Attachments

• DSC_0630.jpg
    DSC_0630.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 111
Trying for Page 7

Sometimes I ride my Triton - left foot brake
Somedays I ride my GS - right foot brake
Sometimes I ride my Norton - left foot brake
Sometime I ride my K series - right foot brake
Sometimes I ride my BSA - left foot brake

I change gear a lot with the brakes and can lock the back wheel with gentle downward changes. :blast Which foot should I use ? :nenau

Eight Pages

Surely 8 Pages can't be done........................................:augie

Back
Top Bottom