which foot down first - stopping

Is this 8 yet? First post too :)

Depends which way the road cambers really. If Im at a junction to turn left and the road cambers to the right ill put my left leg down as I normally use cos the right wouldnt reach anyways. Just my tuppence worth :augie

One of the traits of a good rider is having the ability to constantly observe ones surroundings, decide on a plan and act upon it. To say that I "always" do this, that or whatever simply makes the rider dogmatic.
Regardless of what the training organisations may say about "which foot" it really is down to the rider to decide at the time where he/she has stopped; every situation being different.
The more dogmatic a rider becomes the more dangerous they are.......a good rider needs to be flexible, not rigid and have the ability to adapt to each situation.
I hope this clears this topic up!!!???

I'm still not sure what foot to put down first.
Can someone clarify the situation.

:augie

One of the traits of a good rider is having the ability to constantly observe ones surroundings, decide on a plan and act upon it. To say that I "always" do this, that or whatever simply makes the rider dogmatic.
Regardless of what the training organisations may say about "which foot" it really is down to the rider to decide at the time where he/she has stopped; every situation being different.
The more dogmatic a rider becomes the more dangerous they are.......a good rider needs to be flexible, not rigid and have the ability to adapt to each situation.
I hope this clears this topic up!!!???

+1 Dommiek. No rider will come to a stop noticing a steep camber off to the left lets say and dogmatically put their left foot down because the instructor told them to put down the left foot down in all situations.

:thumb

Can't resist.

Which ever foot that makes sense when you stop and prevents you from falling over. :p

Back
Top Bottom