CHRISTMAS / PRE NEW YEAR RUN

dazchallenge

Reaction score
Anyone fancy a days run around the peak district (or lakes) over the Christmas / pre new year period?.
Some guys are organising and event in wales (snowrun) and thought it might be fun to do something similar up here?
Would be happy to organise but a little help from anyone who has previous experience would be appreciated.
Anyone takers ?:D

Did you have a date in mind? A few of us are off down to Salisbury Plain the first Sunday after Christmas.

I could do with getting my arse into gear and doing something. Any dates in mind?

Tuesday the 30th suits me. Meet at katies for some lard then a few lanes. What you all reckon?

Tuesday the 30th suits me. Meet at katies for some lard then a few lanes. What you all reckon?

Alright if I join you guys :thumb2 Back from Dorset on the Monday out laning Tues shes going to kill me :D:blast

Lets say 9am at Katies for a nosebag then wheels rolling for about 0945 ish.
Hows that sound?

gaz did show me where we were meeting but if you have some more details I'd appreciate it, a map ref or postcode would be fine :thumb2

Jim, come to my pad mate Sk178SA and we will go from here. Its only 5 mins away.

Get your tyre pressures right.:augie

Kate,s cafe is On the A623 aprox 3.93miles west of Calver X roads :thumb

or at SK18155 75598 790ft above sea level :thumb

or opposite The Three Stags head pub at Wardlow Mires :thumb

or 5 min from Gary's home :thumb by bike traveling on reduced pressures with full tankof gas as there is no fuel at the petrol station that is adjacent to the cafe :thumb

HTHY

Jim, come to my pad mate Sk178SA and we will go from here. Its only 5 mins away.

Get your tyre pressures right.:augie

cheers gaz, I'll see you at yours then :thumb2 i'm running 2.1 front 2.7 rear for additional traction... did that additional one click on yer fancy wilbers help you stop taking ruts sideways on? :beerjug:

I nearly had an off on the way home, I hit a cats eye on the A38 and felt an extra 2mm of travel in the rear shock. :eek: Nearly wet myself as I was also experimenting with 28 psi front and 33 rear. Mental I know, I just like like living on the edge.

Last time I mess around with factory settings.

You don't get that with OHlins...!

I have not had a single accident since I fitted 'em!

:thumb

Take Care; some of those people in the steel boxes with four wheels are trying to kill you!

I nearly had an off on the way home, I hit a cats eye on the A38 and felt an extra 2mm of travel in the rear shock. :eek: Nearly wet myself as I was also experimenting with 28 psi front and 33 rear. Mental I know, I just like like living on the edge.

Last time I mess around with factory settings.

Feck Gaz, glad you Ok old bean :thumb

Does the new suspension really give you that much information through the saddle :eek::eek:

I was thinking of new sussys for the Dak, but I don't know if my brain would accept the sensory overload provided by them.

Don't blame the pressure in the tyres though. Running them lower allows for more flex, generating more heat and therefore the compound is softer. This suppleness in the tyre allows it to mound to the tarmac and produce a significant increase in lateral grip. I think you need to increase you compression damping by 1/2 a click and reduce the preload by 0.00897 mm. This should help, if it doesn't try a 36lb spring and lower the rebound flex angle by 18.7. 18.6 will see the bike sit up in bends when your knee touches down, so it's quite important you get it right :rob:rob

Kate,s cafe is On the A623 aprox 3.93miles west of Calver X roads :thumb

or at SK18155 75598 790ft above sea level :thumb

or opposite The Three Stags head pub at Wardlow Mires :thumb

or 5 min from Gary's home :thumb by bike traveling on reduced pressures with full tankof gas as there is no fuel at the petrol station that is adjacent to the cafe :thumb

HTHY

Are you going on this Mick?

Back
Top Bottom