Yamaha XTZ750 Super Tenere

A good indication of weak mixture is when the full throttle is rolled off the bike accelerates, as the air is reduced bringing the mixture right.

Thread resurrection:)

What are the symptoms of worn Emulsion tubes?

These are the running symptoms of my XTZ750.
Under hard accelaration the power dies off and I have to throttle off to get the revs to build.
Otherwise it runs fine.
:confused:

try it with the fuel cap off....just in case.

From google:

http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/bike-tech/31049-running-slightly-rich-emulsion-tubes.html

http://www.yamahaclub.com/forums/topic/8238-xtz-750-runs-fine-for-5-minutes/

If the mixture is too rich would that strangle the bike, reducing the throttle takes the fuel air mixture back to correct levels, therefore it accelerates?

Thanks John, I had seen these links.:thumb
I don't think it's a fuel cap/breather problem:thumb

The previous owner, after pulling his hair out, had go to thinking, plug caps and CDI, but I'm sure it's a simple fuelling problem.

If it was a fuel breather problem, eg it's blocked, wouldn't the problem be there irrespective of throttle position?

I can understand the ignition thoughts as when you reduce the throttle opening you're effectively reducing the load asked of the engine, so if the spark plug doesn't like being under too much load, throttling back reduces it. But I might be completely wrong :(

We did try a CDI from a TDM850 even though the ignition curve would be slightly different, it didn't cure the problem.

My money is on the fuelling.
Have you had the carb down to component level..... in other words stripped to feck?
Is it a cv carb on that model?
Are you aware of other moda to the engine? And is the exhaust standard?

T.

Give us a chance I've only had it a few hours:D

previous owner had stripped and 'cleaned' carbs, checked the diaphrams for any pin holes etc. He did find a small O ring was missing which he replaced.

The exhaust is not standard, it's a full Micron system which did have me wondering but it looks like it's been fitted to the bike for a while.

I'm thinking to strip the carbs and fit new emulsion tubes, jets, possibly needles, check the floats not sticking, check inlet rubbers etc. and reassemble to standard.

Trouble is I'm away soon and may not have much opportunity for a few weeks.....the other thought is...part of the deal with this bike was it included my old TDM 850:augie but would be a shame to dismantle a good bike to use as a donor:confused:

Thread resurrection:)

Under hard accelaration the power dies off and I have to throttle off to get the revs to build.
Otherwise it runs fine.
:confused:

These are the exact symptoms i'm getting on my motorised 2 stroke pushbike :eek:

let me know what it is pls :thumb2

I'm thinking its resonance from vibration that makes the carb upset . I've done a full stripdown of it and it all seems ok.

These are the exact symptoms i'm getting on my motorised 2 stroke pushbike :eek:

let me know what it is pls :thumb2

I'm thinking its resonance from vibration that makes the carb upset . I've done a full stripdown of it and it all seems ok.

Yes, I'll let you know but I'm going to be away for a while so it'll be some time before I get chance to sort it. I feel sure the solution is in the carburation:thumb

I'm picking up an old TDM 850 today which was part of the deal with this XTZ, I've owned this TDM before and it really flies....so tempting to put the engine in the XTZ!

Back
Top Bottom