Confirmed list - what are you riding on the trip?

This is how I feel about the Megamoto. I'm just trying to work out if 2 pairs of Y-Fronts and a spare T-shirt is enough clothing for a week :D

I'm looking at the Kriega US-20 with 1 or 2 US-10 add ons. That'll give me 30-40 litres of capacity plus tank bag.

Not yet, but time will fly :beerjug:

I've just bought a Kriega US 20 to use together with the US 10 on my Blade.

Top kit,as always.
:thumb2

Hey JB.

I'm not yet confirmed on the trip but am likely to join in the fun and wouldn't have even thought about taking the radio unless you'd mentioned it. I'd best take the Starcom and Motorola Funky along then.

Sorry, Eunuch - missed this post :augie

If you could, it'd be good!!

Be great taking the p### outta people when they don't know it! :D:D

Join up - you know it makes sense!

JB

Sorry, Eunuch - missed this post :augie

If you could, it'd be good!!

Be great taking the p### outta people when they don't know it! :D:D

Join up - you know it makes sense!

JB

Autocom and Midland G7 coming with me.

Did the taking the pee thing on different channels with different people and got into trouble. :eek:

Yeah, that usually happens to me!:green gri

Was riding over the Pont du Havre (whatever) and heard some French blokes yabbering in my earpiece. So I yabbered something about "my window is open" and "where is the bakers?" and got a right bolloking!:blagblah

Oh, well...that's 3 of us!

JB

Just waiting to take delivery of one of these...

When is it arriving then Yoy?

Well, that is feckin spooky! Was just about to post...

I'm actually collecting it tomorrow! Woohoo!

Just been and collected a van, as I'm not supposed to ride it til the first of March.:green gri

Got a ramp and evryfin...KTM tie downs...KTM gimp suit...clean undies...

I'll post a quick pic tomorrow before it gets covered in trinkets and pannier rails! LOL

Yoy

Excellent. You don't want to ride it now anyway - it'll get DIRTY :nono

Looking forward to the pic tomorrow. Try and include some naked models in the shot please :D

It's here!!

Not the greatest shots in the world, but I was so excited I weed a little bit, and just wanted to ride it...:JB

28022009263.jpg

28022009265.jpg

28022009266.jpg

Great bike, so easy to ride and tip into corners, even on slippery new tyres. Still grinning. Can't believe what a good choice I made.

I'll post some more when I've fitted the bits and bling.

It would be much easier to ride without the chain throught the back wheel, though...:D

Yoy

That is one stunning bike Yoy :thumb2

KTM colours always look good but that is particularly striking.

DON'T GET IT DIRTY :D

Thanks! :thumb

I've had a ferw bikes in my time, but this is the first one I've felt totally comfortable on, right from the start.

Goes well, stops well, turns well. Even though I've only put 50 miles on it, it really seems to be the best bike I've ever owned :D:D:D

I've just put on most of the bits I need, and even with a poofy topbox, it still looks farkin good! :)

I've fitted:-

KTM Pegscratch ultra-gay gimp suit
Pannier rails
Soft panniers
Rear rack
Top box fitting kit
37l KTM (SHAD) top box
SW-MOTECH GPS bracket
HID H4 light conversion

Still to fit:-

Heated grips
Hand guards (on order, will fit with grips)
Rim tape
Gel comfort seat (on order)
Rethink on tank bag - KTM one is rubbish (see other thread)

Wish list:-

Still umming and ahhing over Akras

Off to France (Brittany) on 20 March for the weekend, to put some miles on it, and make use of a cheap ferry deal with Brittany Ferries.

Roll on September :thumb2

Yoy

Thanks! :thumb

I've had a ferw bikes in my time, but this is the first one I've felt totally comfortable on, right from the start.

Goes well, stops well, turns well. Even though I've only put 50 miles on it, it really seems to be the best bike I've ever owned :D:D:D

I've just put on most of the bits I need, and even with a poofy topbox, it still looks farkin good! :)

I've fitted:-

KTM Pegscratch ultra-gay gimp suit
Pannier rails
Soft panniers
Rear rack
Top box fitting kit
37l KTM (SHAD) top box
SW-MOTECH GPS bracket
HID H4 light conversion

Still to fit:-

Heated grips
Hand guards (on order, will fit with grips)
Rim tape
Gel comfort seat (on order)
Rethink on tank bag - KTM one is rubbish (see other thread)

Wish list:-

Still umming and ahhing over Akras

Off to France (Brittany) on 20 March for the weekend, to put some miles on it, and make use of a cheap ferry deal with Brittany Ferries.

Roll on September :thumb2

Yoy

If I were you I wouldn't fit Akras.

A mate had them on his and it made the FI very glitchy.

He's just sold the bike and put it back to standard and said the fuelling was much better with the OE cans.

Thanks, Arsey - good info.

Everyone else seems to rave about them, but at £700+, I'd rather spend the money on another tour or whatever, than take the risk of no improvement.

I've had the 16T front sprocket fitted, and comparing it to my brother's bike (standard), the glitchiness is still there, but further up the range. Not enough for me to worry about it, but it is noticeable.

The other reason I wanted akras, was the lack of catalytic converters. The standard cans have them inbuilt, and they REALLY get hot!

Think I might save my money.

Thanks!:thumb2

JB

Thanks, Arsey - good info.

Everyone else seems to rave about them, but at £700+, I'd rather spend the money on another tour or whatever, than take the risk of no improvement.

I've had the 16T front sprocket fitted, and comparing it to my brother's bike (standard), the glitchiness is still there, but further up the range. Not enough for me to worry about it, but it is noticeable.

The other reason I wanted akras, was the lack of catalytic converters. The standard cans have them inbuilt, and they REALLY get hot!

Think I might save my money.

Thanks!:thumb2

JB

I've had Akras on all my KTMS (except the RC8) and they normally improve the fuelling.

It may be that the map wasn't updated when he had them fitted.

But I rode it a few times and it was dreadful especially in town.

Back
Top Bottom