MX Helmets

Paul Young

Under-used member
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've just heard that Lazer have found a warehouse full of MX5 shells they had forgotten about, so they've done a production run to use them up. The MX6 came out to replace it last yr.

Shorrocks MC in Preston (I was being told all this by Pete Shorrock) have ordered as many as they can get - all sizes & colours - & I'm told that he'll be selling them at £59!!! Type A & ACU Gold std, etc.

I've no connection beyond being a long standing & satisfied customer so call him on 01772 744392 if you're needing a lid. He expects them to arrive in the next week or so.

I've been using one for the last 3yrs & find it a great everyday helmet which works really well with a Quik Strap goggle attachment. Anyone whose seen me at the Hopper will know the kit I mean.

Paul Young said:
I've just heard that Lazer have found a warehouse full of MX5 shells they had forgotten about,

Did you say" forgotten"

How long had they forgotten for.
:beerjug: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Top Job

Just received me MX5 as above today. Purrfect. £66 delivered. If you're in market for a spare ventilated lid, you won't do much better for the price, but, they're going fast - Cheers Paul, look forward to utter confusion at next Hopper, same size, same colour ! Lucky yours will be 'customised' Cheers mate :D
(http://www.lazer.be/en/index.htm MX5 for info)

Are they the old or new ACU Gold sticker. New legal for events...old illegal and not allowed by scrutineer. I think this is right. Bob Jeffries will be able to help if you are considering buying for any use other than road.

ANDY MELTON said:
Are they the old or new ACU Gold sticker. New legal for events...old illegal and not allowed by scrutineer. I think this is right. Bob Jeffries will be able to help if you are considering buying for any use other than road.

Andy, brand new & shiny bright with Gold ACU sticker on the back.

They've cut some production costs on these as it is a limited production run. There is no fin on the top/back & the peak has been left in the base colour rather than silvering/chroming it before putting the graphics on. I've swapped these over from my old'un.

It works very well with Oakley "O" Frames & a Quik Strap & the whole lot was <£100 all-in.

Attachments

• dscf0041.jpg
    dscf0041.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 130

Back
Top Bottom