Stop Press

Trippys just phoned :D:comfort
6 bike pile up already, 1 holed engine KTM [possu]:eek
duct taped over the hole and carrying on :thumb2:thumb2
1 in hospital with poorly finger.:eek:
Bakermans group have disappeared...:eek:
Conditions are "trying" to say the least :blast

:rob:rob

i was up and out at 07;30 and it was bloody cold then......

.....well it was untill i got into the car anyway :D

6 bike pile up already, 1 holed engine KTM [possu]:eek
duct taped over the hole and carrying on :thumb2:thumb2
1 in hospital with poorly finger.:eek:
Bakermans group have disappeared...:eek:
Conditions are "trying" to say the least :blast

:blast

Keep it coming :thumb2

JB had a spin round :rolleyes: and a front wheel wandering off down a bank with no rider input :eek::eek::eek:
10 out of 35 having offs ....
Sid can hardly walk and is fooked and freezing...:blast
All packing up now and coming home...
Trippy has hitched a lift with Sid, cos Sid had the forethought to take a 3 bike trailer !!
Sid was also very pleased he took his 640 Katoom not the little bastard Stinkwheel 300 Katoom
Wonder who suggested that to him :augie:augie:rob

JB is at this moment reaquainting himself with the joys of Airheads, having hijacked Trippys Kalahari Basic :D:D

They are all very cold but have STILL enjoyed themselves !! Bloody Masochists !!!

Salisbury Plain after a few freezing nights, hmmmm, let me think, deep ice encrusted mud holes, extremely slippery chalk and mud, deep ice encrusted mud ruts, don't even attempt the tank traps or wandering off the byways (plenty of hidden foxholes and slip trenches), blasting freezing winds, frozen fingers, faces and toes and frozen bikes. Beautiful sunshine down here today though, pity they're not staying out till sunset. Hot baths all round at the finish I suspect and a couple of days to recover, oh and a beer of course.

Sounds like a fantastic day out :beerjug:

Salisbury Plain after a few freezing nights, hmmmm, let me think, deep ice encrusted mud holes, extremely slippery chalk and mud, deep ice encrusted mud ruts, don't even attempt the tank traps or wandering off the byways (plenty of hidden foxholes and slip trenches), blasting freezing winds, frozen fingers, faces and toes and frozen bikes. Beautiful sunshine down here today though, pity they're not staying out till sunset. Hot baths all round at the finish I suspect and a couple of days to recover.

Sounds like a fantastic day out :beerjug:

From the phone calls, I think you have hit the nail right on the head :thumb2:thumb2

they've had a right old time :clap:clap:bounce1:bounce1

Apparently
St Eptoe was following one group in his 4x4 just making sure they were ok :bow:bow:bow

Or was he just collecting bits for his stock of parts :augie:augie:augie:hide

my bromsgrove mate was going down there and said thered be 4x4s about :D

ill get some info from him too :D

hope nobody got beat up too bad (hows the finger)

Just got back and out of the bath:comfort

It was fecking freezing riding the 1 hour down to Bakermans with no protection from the elements. The pile up happened even before we got off-road :blast

We were on a concrete, which was obviously not gritted or used much becuase there was a decent frost on the surface. Someone braked and went down followed by a few others directly behind him. One pair of handlebars went bent, Possu mad a hole in the KTM and PinkyTiff dislocated his little pinky. We heard from him later that Andover hospital would not do anything until it was X-rayed, but they could not do it so he had to go to Basingstoke - Which he did riding his bike :pullface

It was very tough on the trails because of the ice which covered the puddles, but we soon warmed up and had a great time:beerjug:

Now where is the beer?:beer::beer:

Just got back and out of the bath:comfort

It was fecking freezing riding the 1 hour down to Bakermans with no protection from the elements.

That's why I popped down on the 1200GS - heated grips.

I think that I made the right decision to leave the X-Challenge at home :augie

That's why I popped down on the 1200GS - heated grips.

I think that I made the right decision to leave the X-Challenge at home :augie

But unless you are pretty handy off-road (which I am not!!!!) a 1200 would have been a pain out on the trails.:thumb

See that road surface, thats ice that is :eek:

I even had to turn up the heating a notch in the 4x4 :D

See that road surface, thats ice that is :eek:

I even had to turn up the heating a notch in the 4x4 :D

Nice one! I was wondering if you had a camera with you, or if I was safe at the back out of camera shot ;)

understatement though that was a lot of ice and as always the pic never seems to do it justice, long slope on concrete all nicely iced over, unfortunately the Gritting lorries never seem to want to do those bits :D

Back
Top Bottom