Christmas on the plain, live report :)

Great day out.:)

Thanks to all involved in organising.

Not ridden on frozen mud much before so pretty crap at controlling the KTM. Instead of mud moving when you hit it, it was like greased concrete. Lost the front end and went down hard on right side. Knee swelled up a bit but OK now. Got seriously cold to point where I couldn't stop shaking. Shouldn't have ridden through deep puddle and soaked myself from head to foot in freezing water, not best day to be soaking wet.:(

But I still had FUN:D

Great to meet up with so many friends and make a few new ones.

Hopefully back on Plain in few months time for next enduro. :)

Great Vid - really surreal. What about entering it for the Turner Prize?? :augie

It was a great day out and a privilege to ride with Paul and everyone in his group. Thanks for all those who organised the day.

lol... mmm probably not ;)

Good to see you got back ok, have you managed to sort that front tyre? just seen your other posting.

Thanks to Bakes, Trippy, Paul and Clive...............for all they did

Boy, was it cold and dangerous

Managed to stay on and took things real easy...................but still managed two massive slides (god knows how I stayed on)

Bake's group was err.............progressive, but fun

Good craic and scenery...................but frozen grass and heathland is something I don't want to repeat for a few weeks

Got home to Yorkshire @ 7pm and very glad I was in the van with the heater on:p

lol... mmm probably not ;)

Good to see you got back ok, have you managed to sort that front tyre? just seen your other posting.

Yes thanks - there was a really sharp piece of flint in it! Dug it out and put in a temporary bung - will need to change it soon anyway!
Thanks again for all the help and tips from everyone in the group. :)

My camera battery didn't like the cold very much, so these are all I got...

Attachments

• DSC01813.JPG
    DSC01813.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 251
  • DSC01814.JPG
    DSC01814.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 252
  • DSC01815.JPG
    DSC01815.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 251
  • DSC01816.JPG
    DSC01816.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 251
and these three...

Attachments

• DSC01817.JPG
    DSC01817.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 253
  • DSC01818.JPG
    DSC01818.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 242
  • DSC01819.JPG
    DSC01819.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 252
A few more pics of a great day out

Sorry I don't know most of your names :augie ... PM me if you want a larger version of any of the shots.

I was in Clive's group of newbies, but I think we did pretty well considering :clap

CRW_2222.jpg

CRW_2224.jpg

CRW_2228.jpg

CRW_2241.jpg

CRW_2244.jpg

CRW_2251.jpg

CRW_2253.jpg

CRW_2254.jpg

CRW_2260.jpg

CRW_2263.jpg

CRW_2267.jpg

CRW_2271.jpg

Cheers
Rob

Hiya, pleased to report that the nice folks @ B'stoke got me little pinky looking normal again after some excellent whiffs of Entonox:) Absolutely gutted I missed the ride & getting to know some more tossers!!

Still, on the bright side, I got to sample Bakermans excellent bacon rolls & the GS is fine:thumb2

Clive, thanks again for nursemaiding me to Andover :beerjug:

Hiya, pleased to report that the nice folks @ B'stoke got me little pinky looking normal again after some excellent whiffs of Entonox:) Absolutely gutted I missed the ride & getting to know some more tossers!!

Still, on the bright side, I got to sample Bakermans excellent bacon rolls & the GS is fine:thumb2

Clive, thanks again for nursemaiding me to Andover :beerjug:

Glad to hear you are ok :beerjug:

I must say you handled it all very well.

Looks like you lot had a good day out.
-25 degrees, Hardcore or wot :D
Keep it coming, its a good read from the comfort of the lounge :101

Desert Camo, the new T*at suit :thumb

I was nice n toasty all the way home (once I stopped the wind from getting up inside :blast:blast:blast:blast).:thumb

few years on, Grandad and Grandson both bikers 67 years apart, check out the manbags

Attachments

• CRW_2224.jpg
    CRW_2224.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 206
  • img067.jpg
    img067.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 211
Thanks for leading another good ride Steve :aidan, and thanks to everyone else for making such an excellent day.

So far the damage to the XChallenge would appear to be one very bent gear lever (it now points straight up- but is still useable!), and a broken side panel.

I've also got a rubber bungee that a very nice chap riding a 450x lent me as a temporary fix to the bike. PM me your address and i'll post it back to you!

Cheers guys :thumb2

nathan

Back
Top Bottom