Twat suit or no twat suit...that is the question!!?!

Palerider

Reaction score
Ok peeps...

Thinking of sinking my cash into a twat suit. Are they worth it? Do they really make you feel like a Imperial Trooper with Jedi powers? Do they leak?:augie

I've currently got a Dainese Goretex suit but it runs a bit "hot" in the summer and you can't remove the goretext liner. I'm thinking of doing a bit more off road or just touring in the summer and the twat suit lookts like it might be about right....

Wotdoyerreckon?:mmmm

P

If you use the Search you will find numerous threads debating the same question.

Having seen them (Twats) in action,I've got a Rev'it Cayenne Pro suit.

Cost £ hundreds less than Twat suit,better designed and usable for more than just summer months as it includes both removable thermal and waterproof liner,unlike the Twat which only has the latter.

Plus it doesn't come in ridiculous designs/colours.

But somebody will be along within minutes to tell you the Twat suit is the best ever.

I've just become a dealer for this little lot have sold 5 difi adventure suits which are brilliant value for money and I've bought the Kushtani suit for myself.

I also own an R2 outfit which I think is good but.... you can buy cheaper look different to the rest and still have all the protection.

good points about the R2

loads of easy to get to pockets
good ventilation
it cleans up really well

Bad points

You do look abit like a Charli and yougovan wannabee
some people say it cold and drafty I think it's alright
you won't get much of a deal from a dealer (15% discount is the best i got)

As for me I don't care what people think and wear it especially to BMW events cos it don't matter how nicley you wrap a fruitcase it'll still be a fruitcake.

just working on the webshop fopr my rebuilt site

http://www.motoport.co.uk/en/motor-clothing-brands

I've got Rukka gear for on road and touring, had it a couple of years and it's excellent value, it's not failed on me in the heaviest of down pours (changed a tyre for a woman in a summer storm and rode back from Assen in, in... I cant think of words to describe just how bad that journey was)... Rukka isnt cheap, but it's well worth it and comfortable in all weather. I think the model I've got is the APR Strong, Jacket and Trousers. Currently I'm trying to justify the Allroad gear

Off road I've bought a Sinisalo suit, comparatively cheap, but waterproof and I'm not going to care so much if it rips etc

No disrespect to the BM suit or its users, but I think your question says it all.

I've got Rukka gear for on road and touring, had it a couple of years and it's excellent value, it's not failed on me in the heaviest of down pours (changed a tyre for a woman in a summer storm and rode back from Assen in, in... I cant think of words to describe just how bad that journey was)... Rukka isnt cheap, but it's well worth it and comfortable in all weather. I think the model I've got is the APR Strong, Jacket and Trousers. Currently I'm trying to justify the Allroad gear

Off road I've bought a Sinisalo suit, comparatively cheap, but waterproof and I'm not going to care so much if it rips etc

No disrespect to the BM suit or its users, but I think your question says it all.

+1 ref Sinisalo.

Used to have their Enduro suit when i did more offroading on the EXC.

Good value,100% waterproof.

If you use the Search you will find numerous threads debating the same question.

Having seen them (Twats) in action,I've got a Rev'it Cayenne Pro suit.

Cost £ hundreds less than Twat suit,better designed and usable for more than just summer months as it includes both removable thermal and waterproof liner,unlike the Twat which only has the latter.

Plus it doesn't come in ridiculous designs/colours.

But somebody will be along within minutes to tell you the Twat suit is the best ever.

:blagblah:blagblah:blagblah:blagblah:blagblah:blagblah

:eek::confused:

Attachments

• revit-cayenne-pro-front.jpg
    revit-cayenne-pro-front.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 4,400
If you get a Twat-suit – don’t forget to stand on the footpegs as you arrive at your destination – it makes you look like a “gunfighter” riding into town, ensuring that the locals are suitably in awe of your unsaid announcement:

“Look at me, everybody - I have ARRIVED”

(anyone owning up? :nenau)

Al :thumb2

Ask yourself why most of the riders in the Paris Dakar use R2 suits?

Excellent ventilation and protection in hot weather.

Other suits are better in cold wet weather.

Use a R2 and carry the BMW waterproof jacket for when it rains, :thumb2

+1 ref Sinisalo.

Used to have their Enduro suit when i did more offroading on the EXC.

Good value,100% waterproof.

actually that reminds me, someone (sorry I can't remember the name) told me yesterday that Sinisalo make all the KTM suits.

I'm not sure I'd suggest one for everyday use, but it does exactly what I want of it keeps me reasonable dry offroad and wasnt uncomfortable in the hot weather.

While it's true there's lots that wear the jacket I think they take all the pads out and get the biggest size possible and wear full X-cross protection under it. Jacket is only really for storing stuff cos space is abit of an issue...cos they won't allow panniers in the race.

Then ask yourself why you'd wear one on a 1200GS commuting around the
M25:ymca

Couldn't you say the same thing about the Jap Crap brigade who wear 1 piece leathers with their hero's names plastered all over them.

Over the years I've had a number of different pieces of kit from the HG range, Arlen Ness, Dainese etc and I have to say that for me the RP2 is by far the best. For summer riding with all the vents open it's great. As for winter I prefer a jacket without a (quilt/fleece) liner. I prefer to ride without the restrictions of liners and without looking like the Michelin man...Much more comfy, just get yourself some cold killers for under the suit and all is good.

As far as Arsey's comment about colours goes I can't see what's wrong with black or red admitedly the blue is a bit loud, but coming from a KTM fan I guess you couldn't expect much more..... :augie:D

The R2 is an off-road jacket. As a off-road jacket it's brilliant.
As a road jacket it may look cool but trust me, the abrasion resistance of the fabric is almost none existant.
A 30mph spill on my EXC on tarmac left a furkin big hole in the forearm, a 40mph spill on the GS in my savannah left barely a scuff.
I'd hate to think what a twat suit would look like after a proper slide down the black stuff:eek:
If you want a jacket that will stop you looking like a peeled tomatoe in the event of an off on the road, I wouldn't choose a twat jacket.
If you want a jacket for trail riding, it's the cats t!ts.

Ok peeps...

Thinking of sinking my cash into a twat suit. Are they worth it? Do they really make you feel like a Imperial Trooper with Jedi powers? Do they leak?:augie

I've currently got a Dainese Goretex suit but it runs a bit "hot" in the summer and you can't remove the goretext liner. I'm thinking of doing a bit more off road or just touring in the summer and the twat suit lookts like it might be about right....

Wotdoyerreckon?:mmmm

P

shameless plug :augie, and excuse the hijack :mmmm :p but save a packet and buy one of these:
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166962

As a road jacket it may look cool but trust me, the abrasion resistance of the fabric is almost none existant.
A 30mph spill on my EXC on tarmac left a furkin big hole in the forearm, a 40mph spill on the GS in my savannah left barely a scuff.
I'd hate to think what a twat suit would look like after a proper slide down the black stuff:eek:
If you want a jacket that will stop you looking like a peeled tomatoe in the event of an off on the road, I wouldn't choose a twat jacket.

That just about sums it up, although I'd disagree about it looking cool as a road jacket:thumb2

Excellent ventilation and protection in hot weather.

Other suits are better in cold wet weather.

Use a R2 and carry the BMW waterproof jacket for when it rains, :thumb2

So the reason for Paris-Dakar gods using the R2 is because that's basically what it was designed for-off roading in hot climes requiring good ventilation.

It wasn't designed for using on road or in cold weather.

So that pretty much renders it useless in the UK.

If you use it onroad,you risk injury due poor abrasion qualities.
If you use it offroad in UK then chances are it's winter-ish and the R2 will make you freeze unless you layer up underneath.

So if you do all your riding off road in Morocco,get an R2,if not get anything else,as it will probably be more usable and will almost certainly be cheaper-plus you won't look a complete pillock.

Well I have been down the road in a r2 once at 60 after hitting a truck and ripping the front from my 1150 and hitting a dog at 80+ rolling/ sliding for what seemed like hours bike somersaulted (thanks to BMW ad bars!) and the damage to the suit wasa couple of small holes abrasve to me grazed wrists only
first time ( short gs gloves!) second none but a cracked rib, mine not the bikes. So they do there job and are excellent for very hot climates, over here in winter I always use my Rukka and (when it works! ) a heated jacket.
Dave GS. christmas is worse than falling off!

Back
Top Bottom