Croatia 09 is here!!!!!!!

You can indeed make your own way if you so wish ;) We all had GPS routes with the final destination plumbed in... get there early.. more time in the bar... later... more photo's :D

Update should be along fairly soon.... watch this space :Motomartin

Slovenia Vignette

Myself and a friend are on a coast trip around Europe at the moment and rode from Venice to Zagreb recently. We had to buy a 6month Vignette to drive the small bit through Solvenia unfortunately. There was nothing smaller than 6months which was odd and it cost us about 15quid from memory.

The Dalmatian coast was absolutely stunning. Road is top of my list on our trip so far.

Trip looks fantastic. Hard first day though!!!

Cheers,
Ed

Myself and a friend are on a coast trip around Europe at the moment and rode from Venice to Zagreb recently. We had to buy a 6month Vignette to drive the small bit through Solvenia unfortunately. There was nothing smaller than 6months which was odd and it cost us about 15quid from memory.

The Dalmatian coast was absolutely stunning. Road is top of my list on our trip so far.

Trip looks fantastic. Hard first day though!!!

Cheers,
Ed

Mandatory toll stickers or vignettes have been introduced on 1 July 2008 for all motorcycles, cars and vans not exceeding 3,500kg maximum laden weight on Slovenian motorways, expressways and the Ljubljana bypass

Slovenia is well worth doing
Unless you want to ride the above ( and why would you )you don't need a vignette

I have done the Italian and the Slovenian way down to Croatia...And for me the Slovenian route is the best
A few pics of Slovenia

DSC_0580Large-1.jpg

P1020640Large.jpg

P5280882Large.jpg

Slovenia

Yes, agree with Gary's the comments about Slovenia. I went down to Croatia via Slovenia a few years ago, and it is a beautiful country, particularly the Soca valley, where the water in the river looks blue against the white rocks.

From Austria you have to go up the road from Kranjska Gora to Trenta with it's 50 hairpin bends. It was pretty amazing road in a campervan but would love to do it on a GS.

The campsite in the Soca valley provided large logs each day to the campers, so you could set up your own log-fire. At night the campsite was lit up with these fires. A bit different to the strict rules on some sites I have visited. This area may not be on the itinerary for this trip, but it's an idea for the future... Jim

Attachments

• Kranska-Gora-Trenta Road.gdb
    10.2 KB · Views: 73

Back
Top Bottom